The Church encourages us to make confession a regular part of our spiritual life, especially during the holy season of Lent, as we reflect on our baptism and repentance. Bishop Kevin J. Farrell is helping to make this experience possible by arranging for a Lenten initiative called The Light Is ON For You.
On April 16th, all parishes in the Catholic Diocese of Dallas will have their "lights on" for confession and quiet prayer so that Catholics can come to or return to this incredible source of God’s grace, mercy and healing.
Visit the "Light is ON for you!" Reconcilation Directory to find Confession times for a parish near you!
"Don't be afraid of Confession. When you go into a confessional, you have so many emotions, including shame. But afterwords you feel free, great, beautiful and forgiven ... Each one of you should ask yourselves: When was the last time I went to Confession? If a lot of time has passed, then don't let another day go by. Go forward."
Learn more about the Sacrament of Reconciliation
- How do I make a good Confession?
- How can prayer help with Confession?
- What are some common questions about Confession?
- Where can I find a parish near me for Confession?
- Do you have additional resources for parishes?
- ¡La Luz está ENCENDIDA para ti! (En Español)