Veterans Day Parade and Military Flyover at St. Paul Catholic School in Richardson honored local veterans
Publish Date: November 8, 2018
Dozens of local veterans were be honored by students, teachers and the community at Saint Paul the Apostle Catholic School at 720 S. Floyd Road in Richardson on Friday, November 9, 2018.
Veterans from several eras were honored at the 20th anniversary of Saint Paul’s Veterans’ Day parade, that will began at Saint Paul's Parish Center and ended in the Saint Paul School parking lot. The parade was followed by an all-school ceremony in the school gymnasium.
Highlights of the event:
- A military plane flyover. An AT-6 World War II airplane, from the Cavanaugh Flight Museum in Addison, flew over the parade/school campus at 9:40 a.m. and made 3 passes.
Those marching in the parade included:
- The Bishop Lynch High School Marching Band
- Richardson City Council Members
- Richardson City Services - such as the fire and police departments
- The Knights of Columbus
- The SPS Student Body - each grade level holding their Veteran’s Day Banner
Media Request Contact
Annette Gonzales Taylor
Director of Communications
Resources for covering the Catholic Church
Full Resolution Images & Graphics