FULL News release Details
Celebrate the Year of Faith with the Diocese of Dallas
Publish date: Thursday, October 11, 2012
With his Apostolic Letter of October 11, 2011, Porta Fidei, Pope Benedict XVI declared that a "Year of Faith" will begin on October 11, 2012 and conclude on November 24, 2013. The Diocese of Dallas has put together many resources and events for both parishioners and parishes to grown in faith and learn more about the Catholic Church and the Vatican II Council.
Opening Mass at Cathedral Guadalupe
Bishop Kevin Farrell will celebrate the opening Mass for the Year of Faith in the Diocese of Dallas on Sunday, October 14th at 12:00 p.m. The Mass will be celebrated at the Cathedral Shrine of the Virgin of Guadalupe in downtown Dallas (2215 Ross Avenue, Dallas - Map).
Auxilliary Bishops J. Douglas Deschotel and Mark J. Seitz will concelebrate.
The Diocese of Dallas website has created a resource for those wanting to learn more about the Year of Faith, and can be found at cathdal.org/yearoffaith. This online resource includes ways to answer the "summons to an authentic and renewed conversion to the Lord, the One Savior of the World." (Porta Fidei 6).
On the website, you can find:
- An explanation of the New Evangelization
- Ways to come to a personal conversion to Jesus Christ
- A hymn that was commissioned exclusively for the Diocese of Dallas to celebrate the Year of Faith, as well as the official hymn for the Year of Faith from the Vatican.
- Resources to assist with celebrating the Year of Faith on the parish level
- Event listings for classes and events celebrating the Year of Faith in parishes throughout the diocese.
"Fifty Years of Vatican II" - A Texas Catholic news series
Media Request Contact
Annette Gonzales Taylor
Director of Communications
Resources for covering the Catholic Church
Full Resolution Images & Graphics