Job Opportunity Details
Youth Ministry Coordinator
Hiring Location: St. Anthony Parish-Wylie - Parish
Address: 404 N Ballard Ave, Wylie, TX 75098 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
The Youth Ministry Coordinator implements the parish's commitment to youth ministry in a comprehensive manner. This includes but is not limited to, the following elements: catechesis, evangelization, spirituality, social action, and community building.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Based on the USCCB document, Renewing the Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry.
o Empower young people to be disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today.
o Work to foster the personal and spiritual growth of each young person.
o Seek to draw young people into responsible participation in the life, mission and work of the faith community.
• Assures the development of programs and activities to engage youth in grades 7-12 that foster healthy growth and development in spiritual, intellectual, social, mental, and physical dimensions. This includes retreats, formation, social opportunities, leadership development, liturgies, service opportunities, and outreach programs.
• Conducts, coordinates, and develops Confirmation Formation, including catechetical activities, annual retreats for girls and guys, readiness discussions, parent meetings, rehearsals, and liturgies while maintaining student files with all necessary documents and records.
• Develops and administers registration for all youth ministry events and opportunities.
• Recruits, trains, supports, and supervises volunteer leaders, catechists, and other volunteers for service throughout the ministry and its offerings.
• Works with families to adapt formation for their child when differences affect their ability to learn.
• Plans for youth to participate in diocesan, area, state, and national opportunities, such as DCYC.
• Coordinates and promotes an annual speaking opportunity or workshop for youth and their family.
• Prepares and maintains an annual budget for youth ministry activities. This includes securing adequate funding through registration fees, the benefactor initiative, and other fundraising as necessary.
• Communicates ministry activities through multimedia channels, such as email blasts, text message blasts, co-working communication platforms, graphics, and PowerPoints.
• Maintains knowledge and skills required for this ministry. This is accomplished by reading current and relevant literature, participating at diocesan basecamps and summits, attending conventions, or professional organizations, and continuing education as approved.
• Participates in regular staff meetings, and other meetings as directed by Pastor.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned, inclusive of supporting other office duties when employees are away.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Values, upholds and supports the purpose of the youth ministry within the mission, goals, and objectives of the Catholic Church.
• Works with integrity and demonstrates sound moral and ethical principles.
• Be an active member in good standing of the Catholic Church.
• Be a self-starter with initiative.
• Have good administrative, organizational, and communication skills.
• Work well with youth and adults to promote growth in discipleship, community, and engagement within ministry activities.
• Ability to lead and coordinate adult volunteers.
Education and Experience:
• B.A. in Catholic Theology or related field preferred.
• Three years of experience in executing, coordinating or directing youth ministry or faith formation or related field experience.
• Three to five years’ experience preferred.
• Bilingual preferred
• Work with liturgical ministry coordinators and leaders to support youth involvement in liturgical ministries at all Sunday Masses including the Vigil Mass.
• Must be able and willing to work on Sundays, weekends, and late on some weekdays as needed.
• Must complete the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Training program, obtain a certificate, and renew the training annually as required.
Name and Title: Daniel Mora Business Manager
How to submit resume: Mail, Drop-off at location, Email
Approved - Yes