Hiring Location: Catholic Charities of Dallas - Catholic Charities
Address: 9461 LBJ Freeway (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: Preferred
JOB SUMMARY Provides direct case management services for refugees including pre-arrival planning, airport pickup, orientation, delivering core services including job readiness coaching/placement and maintaining required documentation. Provides case management and job placement services for Match Grant employment clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (85%)
• Provides direct case management services to clients, including needs assessment, service planning, provision of information and referral services and follow-up with clients.
• Greets clients at airport; conduct client intake and assessment; generate service plans; work with clients to ensure short-term goals are met; conduct home visits; participate in case conferences.
• Assists clients with enrollment in social services, preparation for employment, job applications, job placement and retention.
• Transports or arranges transport for clients to appointments with medical and social service providers, job interviews and orientation.
• Provides interpretation and translation as needed.
• Completes documentation to meet standards, grant and donor reporting requirements.
OTHER DUTIES: (15%)
• Is knowledgeable of department and agency policies in order to properly inform clients of same.
• Provides other core services, updates, and maintain client case files.
• Adheres to federal case and program documentation requirements as outlined in the Cooperative Agreement and Match Grant Guidelines, and COA standards.
• Enforces policies and procedures for delivery of direct services to clients.
• Submits reports as required and in a timely manner.
• Support the Missions, Values, and Vision of Catholic Charities of Dallas.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
• Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field.
• Previous social work or case management experience is desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and interpersonal.
• Computer literate and experience with MS Office suite of products
• Adherence to applicable professional and agency Codes of Ethics
• Capable of performing tasks with limited supervision.
• Efficient time management skills.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: (background check, driving record, language, physical)
Background Check: This position requires a criminal background check
Driving Record: Clear driving record, valid TX driver’s license, required insurance, and reliable transportation.
Health: Annual TB screen and other public health screenings as indicated by program.
Language requirements: Bilingual in a language reflected in the current client population.
Name and Title: Brenda Huffman
How to submit resume: Mail, Drop-off at location, Email