Hiring Location: Bishop Lynch High School - Catholic School
Address: 9750 Ferguson Road, Dallas, TX 75228 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 12 pm to 8:30 pm
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: Preferred
• Cleans offices, rooms, classrooms, schools, common areas, lavatories, halls, food service areas and any other areas that may require attention.
• Sweeps, mops, scrubs, polishes floors and vacuums hallways, stairs and office space.
• Cleans light fixtures, ceilings and vents, walls, mattresses, furniture, windows and window coverings.
• Will be required to properly and safely use cleaning chemicals per manufacturer and school standards.
• Empties trash and garbage containers.
• Replenishes supplies.
• May shampoo and cleans carpets or buff and polish floors which will require the use of mechanical equipment.
• Perform routine equipment maintenance and make minor repairs.
• Ability to drive a golf cart or other vehicles.
• Moves furniture and sets-up tables and chairs.
• Notifies supervisor concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment.
• Complies with all School/ Diocese safety and risk management policies and procedures.
• Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
• Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
• Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
• Set up and tear down of school events as needed.
• Participate in inventory checks and support the product ordering process.
• Assist in training employees.
• Assigns and checks work of lower level employees.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Ability to learn and use established techniques for the efficient and compliant completion of duties.
• Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
• Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, school administration and faculty.
• Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
• Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting, etc.).
• Good attention to detail.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Adequate/reasonable oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well alone and in a team.
• Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication devices.
• Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
• Ability to provide clear directions and respond appropriately to employees
• Knowledge of proper and safe use of applicable custodial equipment.
• Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
• Appropriate maturity of judgment and behavior.
• Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
• Must be punctual and show up for scheduled shift on time.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
• Must comply with any dress code / uniform requirements.
• Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
• Significant walking or other means of mobility.
• Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
• Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
• Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in outside activities and events.
• Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
• Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
• Will be exposed to using various cleaning chemicals.
• High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience preferred.
• 2+ years related work experience.
• Must to able to direct staff and allocate resources.
Name and Title: McKay Braithwaite, Director of Facilities
How to submit resume: Email