Job Opportunity Details
Hiring Location: The Highlands School - Catholic School
Address: 1451 E. Northgate Drive, Irving, TX 75062 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: Preferred
• The Highlands School seeks a highly motivated and takes initiative to raise money for the school mission. The individual is confident when making suggesting and pursuing all possible avenues for securing grants for the school.
• Study and understand the history, structure, objectives, programs, and financial need of the school.
• Responsible for finding funding opportunities for the school.
• Research deadlines, drafting grant requests and submitting reports for approval.
• Communicate with administrative leadership to confirm interest in collaborating with the organization offering the grant.
• Draft grant proposals and supporting documents based on the funding requirements of the school.
• Maintain positive relationships with fund providers and other stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, creative writing, or a related area.
• A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in grant writing.
• Demonstrated experience in building a portfolio of major donors and networkers through existing donors and contact in the community.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others in the school community.
• Excellent knowledge of proposal submission and fundraising process.
• Ability to study and understand programs and funding requirements of the organization.
• Strong research skills and knowledge of information sources.
• Multitasking, organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to handle confidential matter with utmost integrity
• The Grant Writer reports to the Development Director.
Name and Title: Patricia Hagerty, Human Resources Coordinator
How to submit resume: Mail, Drop-off at location, Email
Approved - Yes