Hiring Location: St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church - Frisco - Parish
Address: 8000 Eldorado Parkway, Frisco, TX 75033 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 - 5:00 PM
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
The Pastoral Executive Assistant supports the Pastor in his role of carrying out the mission of the Church by providing superior support for the Pastor, Parochial Vicars and Senior Director of Operations. The Pastoral Executive Assistant successfully delivers executive level administrative support through clerical support, receiving visitors, arranging travel, correspondence, managing expenses/expense reports, and scheduling meetings. The Pastoral Executive Assistant exercises discretion and due respect for confidentiality in all aspects of the position. The Pastoral Executive Assistant collaborates with the Worship and Liturgy team to ensure successful scheduling of clergy for Masses and other liturgies. May also be responsible for training and supervising lower level clerical staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Manages the pastor’s calendar, as well as the parochial vicars and Senior Director of Operations, coordinates and schedule appointments, events and meetings. Works to help keep the pastor and parochial vicars on schedule for meetings and appointments.
• Answers all phone calls directed to the pastor and determines availability and necessary routing to staff and/or other clergy.
• Assists in greeting visitors and determining access to appropriate parties.
• Organizes and sorts pastor’s correspondence as directed.
• Captures key notes, takeaways and next steps at all meetings as directed by the pastor.
• Coordinates travel, lodging and meeting arrangements for conferences and workshops.
• Prepares and remit correspondence on behalf of the pastor.
• Organizes and manages all expenses, receipts and ensure proper reimbursement for all Pastor, parochial vicars and Senior Director of Operations.
• Prepares executive responses to routine memos, letters, or correspondence
• Assist parochial vicars and deacons as needed in the absence of the Parish Administrator.
• Oversees administrative policies within an organization and within the office; recommending changes as appropriate.
• Supports the monthly liturgical calendar by assigning priests to celebrate Masses and liturgical commitments; collaborates with appropriate worship and liturgy staff to ensure adequate scheduling of all English and Spanish Masses and liturgies.
• Collaborates with appropriate staff/clergy to ensure deacons are assigned to necessary Masses and liturgical commitments.
• Collaborates with appropriate staff and volunteers to ensure parish database is kept current including implementing and/or overseeing the implementation of parish registrations and sacrament records into church database.
• Oversees office supplies for all staff, places orders as approved when necessary. Tracks orders/deliveries and receipts associated with supplies.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; and evaluating new equipment and techniques …
• Prepares reports and spreadsheets as directed by the pastor and Senior Director of Operations.
• Able to assist receptionist on occasion as needed at Parish Reception Area.
• Responsible for maintaining the emergency phone line 24 hours per day which includes reaching out to clergy for calls for Anointing of the Sick, last rites, emergency Baptisms and other calls which may constitute an emergency for clergy.
• Recruit visiting priests for Reconciliation services when additional clergy are needed and submit required check requests for stipends.
• Other duties as assigned by Pastor and Senior Director of Operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess a servant-leadership mindset.
• Must maintain a positive, upbeat, self-starting, solutions-centered, can-do attitude.
• Must be adept at problem solving.
• Must understand the importance of the parishioners and the community served by St. Francis of Assisi.
• Must be able to thrive with minimal supervision.
• Must possess the ability to easily interact and relate with a wide assortment of personality types.
• Must have the ability to listen carefully and take direction well.
• Ability to manage time and prioritize accordingly.
• History of achievement in a professional office setting, with direct support to a high-level superior.
• Must be a Catholic in good standing.
• Advanced MS Office experience, including Outlook (email and calendar/scheduling), Word, PowerPoint, Excel; Apple (iOS) platform experience beneficial.
Education and Experience:
• B.S. in Management or related field
• 3+ years administrative support or executive assistance
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
• Occasional evenings and weekends.
Name and Title: Deacon Alex Barbieri, Senior Director of Operations
How to submit resume: Email