Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Assistant Coordinator of Youth Ministry
Hiring Location: St. Jude Catholic Parish - Parish
Address: 1515 N Greenville Ave,, Allen, TX 75002 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: 40 Hours including Sunday Youth Night
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: Associates Degree (Preferred)/ HS Diploma + 2+ yrs experience
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
The person hired for this position would work for a vibrant, large parish in the northern deanery of the Diocese of Dallas. St. Jude Catholic Parish is located in Allen, Texas, a suburb north of Dallas and Plano. The Middle School Youth Department enrolls approximately 400 students in grades 7 and 8. These are the main grades for Confirmation preparation. Allen does not have public transportation, so a viable car is necessary.
General Job Description:
Oversee Middle School formation and Confirmation preparation while assisting with High School Ministry under the supervision of the Coordinator of Youth Ministry, collaborate with Religious Education staff to form a strong Christian community of lifelong disciples committed to the Church.
• Two or more years post high school experience in Youth Ministry, or Degree or Certificate in Youth Ministry or related field preferred
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to articulate Catholic teachings and catechetical methods easily
• Knowledge of Technology, specifically Microsoft Office software.
• Able to participate in youth games including outdoor physical activities
• Able to work days, nights, and weekends for a 40-hour week.
• Able to lift and move 50 pounds or more.
For more specifics of the job, Please view the attached Job description.
Partial List of Duties for this position:
• Coordinate the Middle School Youth group, “Emmaus” in faith formation under the supervision of the Coordinator of Youth Ministry
• Responsible for the Confirmation Sacramental Preparation program for Middle School students with approval of the Coordinator of Youth Ministry
• Data entry of Confirmation and Middle School information including attendance records.
• Prepare for the logistics in sacramental preparation, the classes, retreats, parent meetings, rehearsals, and receptions for Confirmation
• Attend staff meetings weekly
• Attend religious education meetings under the Direction of the Director of Faith Formation of Children and Youth
• Attend parish functions pertaining to youth special events, HOPE events, Retreats, Confirmation and volunteer appreciation events
See the attached Job Description for more details.
Please email Father Andrew Semler your resume, listing references.
Name and Title: Father Andrew Semler
Phone: 972-727-1177, 2214
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes