Job Opportunity Details
Facilities and Maintenance Technician
Hiring Location: St. Francis of Assisi, Frisco, Texas - Parish
Address: 8000 Eldorado Parkway, Frisco, TX 75033 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 - 5:00 PM; some weekends /evenings
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: No
General Summary of the Position
The Facilities and Maintenance Technician at St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church in Frisco, Texas is responsible for maintaining the physical environment of all current and future buildings, grounds, and equipment in support of all Clergy, Staff (by Parish and Kid’s Day Out), Volunteers and Parishioners. The Facilities and Maintenance Technician is a dedicated, highly proactive, innovative, and passionate individual with a high degree of attention to detail and organization. This position requires a hard-working individual who is capable being highly resourceful and taking initiative to ensure that preventative steps and troubleshooting measures are taken for the care of St. Francis’ facilities equipment and property and also acts decisively when situations occur to mitigate further loss and/or damage. The Facilities and Maintenance Technician has the ability to assist the Facilities Director when dealing with vendors including day porters. The Facilities and Maintenance Technician must work as an integral member of the St. Francis staff by coordinating and sharing information and resources with both administrative and maintenance staff as needed to accomplish the Parish’s mission.
The Facilities and Maintenance Technician is a self-starter that enjoys working in a collaborative team environment possesses a servant’s heart, loves to problem solve, is passionate about their Catholic Faith and is excited to be part of a growing Catholic community with a vibrant culture and innovative parish. The Facilities and Maintenance Technician is very organized, detail orientated, is fast on their feet, a great problem solver, and can operate basic technology and computers. This role requires a firm understanding of our Parish’s vision and values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Ensures that St. Francis Catholic Church’s sacred spaces, (Sanctuary, Chapel, Devotional Areas, etc.) as well as Kid’s Day Out facilities provide a holy, prayerful, peaceful, inviting, well-maintained and safe environment for priests, religious, educators, parishioner’s students, staff, and visitors.
• Daily Rounds: must perform daily rounds of all equipment rooms to identify leaks or equipment failure as well as daily rounds of grounds to ensure walkways are clear and safe.
• On a regular basis, must check the grounds for excessive water pooling from broken irrigation heads or lines; and report to either Facilities Director, or grounds/lawn contractor for repair, or repair themselves if applicable.
• Must be able to trouble shoot and/or reset major utilities including chillers and boilers.
• Must be able to operate control valves on HVAC system.
• Must be adept at basic carpentry skills for addressing items such as cabinet repairs and door/frame repairs.
• Must be able to work off shifts as needed and take call ins as need as well.
• Evaluate proper operation on all mechanical, electrical, security, safety, lighting, plumbing and irrigation systems to ensure optimum performance and reliability.
• Must be able to keep all electrical and equipment rooms in a clean and safe condition.
• Able to work on electrical equipment and systems up to and including 277volts
• Maintains all educational, social, and work spaces, ensuring all are clean and in good repair.
• Performs a wide range of duties in support of events and activities, including ensuring setup of chairs, tables, stages, decorations, or equipment as specified by Facilities Director and St. Francis staff
• Assists in the planning and managing of the facilities workload / room scheduling.
• Prepare all interior and exterior of buildings on site for freeze protection; monitors reliable weather forecasts (on and off duty) to anticipate when likely chance of freezing or inclement weather may necessitate freeze protection.
• Proficient use of required computer systems and ability to monitor and adjust as necessary including, JMS, ISONAS, ExponentHR.
• Ability to conduct research needs for parts and supplies. Must be able to get multiple bids for parts and supplies orders (including filing all necessary paperwork and check requests with Parish Finance and Bookkeeping in a timely and accurate manner as well).
• Ability to communicate to contractors/vendors issues and/or locations of troubled utility equipment.
• Must keep a clean and stocked maintenance room at all times
• Assists in ensuring that all repairs/renovations are performed properly, timely and safely.
• Assists in the planning, installation, and implementation of new or upgraded systems, or oversees if external resources are required as necessary.
• Must have ability to work with vendors/contractors upon request or in absence of the Facilities Director. Includes scheduling vendors/contractors, understanding the scope of work, ensuring work is completed properly and timely and within budget, submitting budget/check requests in a timely manner upon completion of work. Also includes the ability to follow up and assure contract work is completed properly and in a safe and timely manner.
Administrative and Other:
• As directed by the Facility Manager, orders equipment, supplies, and oversees inventory control of Facilities related items.
• Must be able to contact staff as needed throughout the week or weekend to check for any new or changes with events or setups.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook) and Printer, as well as ExponentHR and eSpace.
• Other duties/projects as assigned by the Facilities Director, Senior Director of Operations, and Pastor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Maintenance Technician must have the ability to work effectively with contractors and others to maintain the facility.
• Must be able to perform routine maintenance and/or repair tasks.
• Work professionally and effectively with staff, volunteers and parishioners.
• Work in a team environment and thrive with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects and establish work priorities.
• Excellent time management, communication, and organization skills.
• Ideally be knowledgeable of Microsoft's Word, Excel, and Outlook programs.
• Work in a church and school (Kid’s Day Out) environment
• May include periods of sitting, typing, and reading from the computer screen.
• May require lifting of 25-50 lbs., bending, stooping, heights, and climbing.
• Requires walking/inspecting the entire facility (multiple buildings) regularly.
• May involve travel to vendor/contractor locations or off-site events.
• Must possess a servant-leadership mindset.
• Must maintain a positive, upbeat, self-starting, solutions-centered, can-do attitude.
• Must be adept at problem solving and troubleshooting.
• Must understand the importance of the parishioners and the community served by St. Francis
• Must possess the ability to easily interact and relate with a wide assortment of personality types.
• Must have the ability to listen carefully and take direction well.
• Ability to manage time and prioritize accordingly.
• Must be Catholic in good standing.
• Must be an excellent project manager.
• The nature of this position requires a highly flexible schedule comprised of day, evening, and weekend hours.
• Must support the vision and strategic direction of the Pastor.
Facilities and Maintenance Technician Detailed Job Description
Name and Title: Hiring Manager
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes