Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Position Filled - Applications are no longer being accepted.
Associate Director, Events-Bishop's Invitational Golf Tournament
Hiring Location: Pastoral Center/Development Department - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: No
General Summary of the Position
The Associate Director, Events will manage all aspects of the Bishop’s Invitational Golf Tournament, which provides scholarships for Catholic Schools. The position includes fundraising, securing location, working with event staff, committee members, volunteers, and students. This individual will be responsible for managing a first-class event and associated events to assist deserving students with immediate tuition assistance. The Associate Director, Events will also be responsible for assisting with other development office special events as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Identification, solicitation, and stewardship of sponsors and donors
• Form and lead an executive committee - currently 90+ individuals with new co-chairs yearly
• Develop and implement all event materials including securing sponsor/donor promotional materials, donor acknowledgements, etc.
• Work with event staff to plan all aspects of the golf tournament and work with key vendors to plan all event logistics
• Coordinate and execute several year-round events including a kick-off party, committee meetings, and sponsor party
• Responsible for ongoing communication with stakeholders including updates of website, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
• Responsible for managing all expenses of the event and payment and all donations entry, general ledger, and reports
• Work with development office on other special donor events as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be personable and able to build relationships
• Strong organizational skills and attention to details are a must
• Able to articulate the message/mission
• Strong planning skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines and function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities are a necessity
• Social Media, WordPress, Excel, and database experience recommended – Raiser’s Edge preferred
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Established experience in building relationships
• Practicing Catholic strongly preferred
• Capacity to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with donors, campaign
leadership, volunteers, event staff, and staff
Approved - No