Job Opportunity Details
Position Filled - Applications are no longer being accepted.
Hiring Location: Youth, Young Adult & Campus Ministries - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Yes
The position reports in-person.
General Summary of the Position
The Administrative Assistant is the backbone of the Office of Youth, Young Adult and Campus Ministries, an exciting team at the forefront of innovation in ministry for the Diocese of Dallas. The individual works in direct assistance to the director and staff, as well as part of the administrative team of the Ministries Office, supporting program activities and meetings as necessary, all the while gaining valuable experience in diocesan-level ministry and business management.
The position requires an accomplished person who is receptive to constituent needs, and successful at managing a variety of projects in a fast-paced environment. The position requires one to be a quick learner with notable leadership qualities so as to regularly incorporate and implement new procedures to maximize efficiency and productivity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Maintains workflow by ensuring various office functions are maximizing efforts.
• Resolves administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions.
• Lead on events including registration, generating forms, and compiling data, financials, etc.
• Coordinates administrative tasks of office sponsored events (including co- sponsored events with parish/campus, as well as regional, national and/or international.)
• Handles correspondence as requested/problem solving in areas of correspondence and spoken communication.
• Facilitates the design and creation of monthly eGrams (email communication to constituents), fliers, newsletters, etc., as well as office website maintenance
• Maintains department databases, records and finances for courses and workshops.
• Assists Department Director with budget creation for each fiscal year.
• Financials (including submitting check requests and receipts; submitting invoices to parishes/registrants; collecting payments and making deposits with the Business Office).
• Performs budget reconciliations for all programs and events.
• Supports collaborative efforts with other departments.
• Maintains Department Director Calendar and correspondence.
• Produces reports, slide decks, and project briefs, as requested.
• Handles communication with registrants and parish personnel from within and outside of the diocese.
• Supports efforts assigned by the Ministries Office Administrative Assistant.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Disciple of Jesus Christ who regularly seeks to enhance his or her relationship with God through the tradition of the Roman Catholic Church.
• Understanding of ministry and the movement of the person from evangelization to
• Ability to work as a team player in a highly collaborative environment and provide leadership for administrative functions.
• Strong interpersonal and pastoral skills.
• Professional office decorum and professional phone etiquette.
• Experience in digital media.
• Competency in Adobe Creative Suite highly preferred.
• Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work without direct supervision.
• Open to continued professional growth and development.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all matters.
• Familiarity and working knowledge of Church documents.
• Positive, practical attitude with balanced initiative.
Education and Experience:
• Undergraduate degree, required
• Bilingual, English and Spanish, required
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
DO NOT REMOVE
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center.
The Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Approved - No