Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Hiring Location: The Catholic Pro-Life Community - Non-Diocesan Organizations
Address: 14675 Midway Rd. Suite 121, Addison, TX 75001 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: 7:00 am - 2:00pm
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
The position of the sidewalk counselor exists primarily to carry out the Mission of the Catholic
Pro-Life Community (CPLC). All employees of the CPLC are to exercise faithful stewardship of
the time, talent, and resources at their disposal and those of their co-workers in achieving the
results that will be most worthy of the prayers, sacrifices, and generosity of our supporters.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The sidewalk counselor position varies from 10 - 20 hours per week. Sidewalk counselors
provide one-on-one counseling intervention and prayer support at the very places where babies
die daily. Sidewalk counselors and their prayer partners are truly on the front lines of the battle
for life and engage in the most urgent opportunity we have to help a mother and save her child.
The person in this position reports to the Director of Convert-to-Life Ministry.
• Offer practical and compassionate alternatives to clients entering abortion facilities using
the Msgr. Philip Reilly method
• Observe the rules/protocols/legalities required in sidewalk counseling
• Assist in maintaining a positive relationship with pregnancy resource centers and pro-life
• Acceptance of the magisterial teachings of the Catholic Church with detailed understanding of the teachings on all the life issues
• Ability and desire to support the mission of the Catholic Pro-Life Community
• Active membership in a faith community in good standing with the Church
• Compassionate and patient demeanor
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work cooperatively with team members
• Reliable transportation
• E-mail and Internet access
• Ability to speak Spanish a plus
• Understanding of and compliance with the Diocesan Safe Environment Program.
Name and Title: Patricia Vasquez, Human Resource Director
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes