Job Opportunity Details
Position Filled - Applications are no longer being accepted.
Hiring Location: Bishop Dunne Catholic School - Catholic School
Address: 3900 Rugged Drive, Dallas, TX 75224 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. 0 4:30 p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: No
Are you a Nurse or EMT looking for a new opportunity? Are you ready to have weekends, holidays and summers off? Come join a team of dedicated staff and faculty serving a dynamic group of middle and high school students. Bishop Dunne Catholic School is seeking a full-time Health Coordinator to staff our school clinic. The position will begin as soon as possible.
The candidate will be a dedicated professional who understands the demands of health care in a school setting. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of professional healthcare experience.
• A valid Texas EMT or Paramedic Certification (DHSH) or Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BS or BSN) from an accredited university
• Pediatric experience preferred (Care of Bishop Dunne students and staff)
• Current or willing to get:
CPR/BLS Instructor Certification
Hearing/Vision Certification through the State of Texas
Scoliosis Certification through the State of Texas
Acanthosis Nigricans screening certification from the University of Texas Border Health Office.
• Maintain school health program according to the nursing standards of practice and the Diocese of Dallas policies and procedures, and FERPA (Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act).
• Collaborate with other school professionals, parents, caregivers, and members of the community as needed.
• Serve as liaison to Diocesan Nurses organization and participate in all nursing meetings and training sessions.
• Assist staff and students to optimal wellness by referral to agencies as indicated (doctors, clinics, hospitals, CHIP, Medicaid, sight for students, charity care, etc.) and by offering health education programs.
• Provide annual bloodborne pathogen training and required documentation.
• Coordinate infection control measures for the school.
• Assist with Crisis Management Plan and Procedures according to Diocese of Dallas and school plan.
• Certify/recertify faculty, staff, and coaches in Adult/Child/CPR/AED every two years.
• Maintain all student health records (computerized and paper) according to the Diocese of Dallas policy.
• Maintain up-to-date immunization records as required by the State of Texas.
• Maintain log of all student visits to the clinic.
• Dispense/store student medications according to state laws, Diocese of Dallas, and school policy.
• Attend to ill students and determine course of action, including communication with parents/guardian as needed.
• Order and maintain adequate supplies for the clinic.
• Maintain First Aid Kits in the school buildings and on school buses.
• Monthly monitoring of AEDs to assess each is in working order.
• Maintain yearly record of completed physicals for coaching staff.
Approved - No