Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Hiring Location: Bishop Dunne Catholic School - Catholic School
Address: 3900 Rugged Drive, Dallas, TX 75224 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Masters Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: No
Bishop Dunne Catholic School seeks a dynamic Development Assistant responsible for administrative operations of the development department, including donor cultivation and stewardship activities, gift processing, donor acknowledgment, and the planning of strategic alumni, faculty and staff engagement initiatives. To keep our community safe, Bishop Dunne has a mask mandate for all indoor activities.
Reports to: Director of Development and Alumni Relations
General Duties: The Development Assistant will manage the recognition, cultivation, and solicitation process of all individual donors, alumni, and sponsors. The Development Assistant will support the Development Team to ensure that all solicitation pieces, sponsorship packets, and other advancement-related materials are properly developed, created and distributed in a timely and appropriate manner. The Development Assistant will also organize, arrange and prepare for meetings, site-visits, and other fundraising events as well as act as Project Manager for campaigns as directed by the Director of External Relations. This role will also support the donor Database Administrator to reconcile discrepancies and to ensure the database (Sustain) is current and will support queries on a timely, regular basis.
• Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, and nationally; maintain regular communication with alumni. Implement ongoing alumni communications utilizing an array of platforms including email, social media, web presence, print and other outlets; remain up to date on current methods and innovations to effectively communicate with alumni.
• Develop campus partnerships and coordinate faculty/staff giving campaigns (North Texas Giving Day, Dunne Together, etc.)
• Collaborate closely within alumni and annual giving programming team to increase support from alumni; routinely identify and qualify alumni prospects for gifts; communicate development-related activities via written contact reports filed in donor database.
• Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
• Assist with preliminary research on prospective corporate foundation and individual donors, as needed and understand the fundraising cycle for donors
• Supports the donor Database Administrator to reconcile discrepancies and to ensure the database (Sustain) is current and will support queries on a timely, regular basis.
• Create donors appeal letters and other correspondence
• Maintain guest lists, gather, and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fundraising events
• Provide all administrative details associated with development-related meetings (i.e. prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, etc.)
• Manage development team in ensuring a quality stewardship and cultivation program with proper acknowledgment through appropriate means and correspondences, plaques, receptions, and donor appreciation activities
• Provide regular standing reports and ad hoc reports as needed
• Support Board committees as requested
• Abide by all policies as outlined in the Catholic Schools Office Handbook of Policies and Procedures for Elementary and Secondary Schools and the BDCS Faculty and Staff Policies and Procedures
• Complete all other duties as assigned by the President, Director of External Relations, and Director of Development
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to furnish a current resume, transcripts and the names/contact information of 3 professional references.
Please email the materials to Ms. Anna Lee Friesen, HR Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Bishop Dunne Catholic School provides a competitive benefits plan to eligible employees. The salary is commensurate with experience.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree. Minimum of five years of experience in development or alumni relations with demonstrated accomplishment in fostering productive relationships with volunteers and/or donors.
• Extensive knowledge (conceptual and operationally) of marketing concepts and mass email campaigns.
• Knowledge of donor database software
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of employee, donor, funder, and constituent information.
• Highly organized, self-sufficient, and able to manage time and multiple projects on deadline, combined with skills for thriving in a team environment to achieve department goals.
• Attention to detail, strong analytical and organizational skills, and data-driven thinking a must.
• Experience with data entry, reconciliation, and analyzing a compilation of numerical data for financial reporting.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in composition and proofreading including good command of English grammar and spelling.
• Ability to interact professionally and effectively with a diverse group of fellow team members, executives, managers, external groups and subject matter experts.
• The demonstrated ability to strategize, implement and build programs and activities, along with a talent for motivating volunteers.
Name and Title: Anna Lee Friesen - Human Resources Director
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes