Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Hiring Location: Bishop Lynch High School - Catholic School
Address: 9750 Ferguson Rd, Dallas, TX 75228 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Wednesday - Sunday 12 - 8:30 pm
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: No
• Function as a contributing member of the Campus Operations division.
• Focus on the maintenance and sustainability of campus grounds and athletic facilities prior to, during, and after scheduled athletic events.
• Focus on the maintenance and sustainability of campus ancillary properties.
• General maintenance and custodial upkeep of athletic facilities including but not limited to: stadium grounds, weight rooms, locker rooms, wrestling room, etc.
• Prepare and maintain athletic fields and courts on game days. Prepare fields for football, baseball, softball, soccer, and lacrosse games. Prepare courts for volleyball and basketball games.
• Assist in the preparation, function and clean up of school events as needed.
• Maintain condition of driveways, walkways, and parking lots.
• Maintain fencing, gates, walls, outbuildings, and access points.
• Knowledge of function, ability and maintenance of sprinkler and irrigation systems.
• Knowledge of landscaping technique and maintenance.
• General grounds maintenance, including: mowing of campus and ancillary properties, upkeep of campus decorative properties, maintenance of shrubbery and trees.
• Maintenance of specialized areas within the campus property.
• Operation of power equipment, including: mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, chain saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, and pruning saws.
• Continual maintenance of synthetic turf and athletic surfaces.
• Complies with all School/ Diocese safety and risk management policies and procedures.
• Works under the direction and supervision of the Director of Facilities
• Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
• Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
• Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Adapts procedures, processes, equipment and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position.
• Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
• Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, school administration and faculty.
• Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting, etc.).
• Good attention to detail.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Adequate/reasonable oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well alone and in a team.
• Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication devices.
• Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
• Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
• Appropriate maturity of judgment and behavior.
• Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
• Must be punctual and show up for scheduled shift on time.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
• Must comply with any dress code / uniform requirements.
• Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
• Significant walking or other means of mobility.
• Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
• Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
• Work is performed in an outdoor setting.
• Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to heat/cold.
• Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
• High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience preferred.
• 1+ years related work experience.
Name and Title: email@example.com
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes