Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Hiring Location: Calvary Hill Funeral Home - Cemetery Positions (Diocesan-owned)
Address: 3235 Lombardy Ln., Dallas, TX 75220 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday with some weekends
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Certification/Accreditation (see Description)
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: Preferred
We currently have an opportunity for a full-time Funeral Director at Calvary Hill Funeral Home in Dallas, Texas. Calvary Hill is centrally located in North Dallas and is committed to serving our community with honor and respect. Our reputation for quality, compassionate care is well established. The position of Funeral Director offers a great opportunity to a qualified individual with all the tools at hand needed for success. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Primary Role / Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Counsel with and coordinate desired arrangements with families and other third parties to carry out selected funeral, cremation and cemetery services with care and compassion.
• Maintain a complete knowledge and be able to explain the benefits all products and services offered to families; Dignity Plan knowledge is a benefit.
• Assist families with the selection of appropriate and desired merchandise and/or services, ensuring that all options have been presented. Coordinate with Family Service Counselors to discuss, provide pricing and give all options for cemetery property, including outer burial containers and memorial markers.
• Knowledge and inputting of the Making Everlasting Memorials (MEM) program.
• Execute and finalize all financial arrangements for purchases of merchandise, services and cemetery property selected by families, including securing payment in accordance with company policy.
• Help to direct and coordinate funeral and interment services.
• Ensure that all required paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Maintain necessary licensure and/or other certification to meet any local, state, or federal regulations.
• Maintain knowledge of applicable company policies and procedures, and ensure that they are carried out at all times.
• Assist with set up and preparation of visitations, funeral and memorial services, receptions.
• Assist in transferring of cremated remains and packaging and preparation of urns/keepsakes.
• Take on additional or new responsibilities and tasks as assigned by manager.
• Support and add to a great team, help great families and grow a great culture!
Name and Title: Michelle Gutierrez
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes