Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Position Filled - Applications are no longer being accepted.
Director, HR Operations
Hiring Location: Pastoral Center - Human Resources Department - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: No
Director, HR Operations
Reports to: Chief Human Resources Officer
Full Time/Exempt Status
THIS POSITION REPORTS IN-PERSON (NON-REMOTE)
The position provides overall system maintenance and project implementation support for all HR systems including but not limited applicant tracking, learning and talent management, compensation/salary administration, workforce analytics, and time keeping as appropriate. In addition, HR analytics as defined by the CHRO will be developed and maintained by this individual. The role is also responsible for managing report configuration and recurring distribution as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Acts as system administrator for all HR systems.
• Manage system access ensuring appropriate user access.
• Administers HR system configuration changes and data table updates.
• Review and evaluate technical and production support issues and prepares recommendations based on an in-depth knowledge of the problem, the system and the advantages and disadvantages of the alternative solutions.
• Develops and manages special projects as identified by the CHRO.
• Reviews business processes and make recommendations for improving effectiveness, streamlining and increasing accuracy.
• Other duties as assigned by CHRO.
Data Management and Reporting
• Extract data from HR system and provide on a regular or ad-hoc basis.
• Collaborate with SME’s, IT and other source system partners to develop data requirements to support business rules in a variety of HR systems and assures incoming data is properly formatted and mapped to work within the receiving system.
• Configure and build reports using system specific reporting functionality
• Ensure accuracy of data in the system.
• Manage projects including all aspects of project initiation, plan development, and project execution and progress reporting (such as job description project, implementation of electronic performance appraisal system, systematic review of job codes, etc.).
• Collaborates with various departments to develop and deliver reports as needed.
System Audit and Compliance Management
• Complete all required system audits.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work successfully as a member of a team and independently with moderate supervision.
• Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines.
• Skilled in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Strong level skill in use of statistical tools, HRIS systems and software including Microsoft products Visio, Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
• Ability to create tables, queries, and apply database concepts using desktop database and reporting tools such as MS Access etc.
• Proficient in HR systems purpose, structure, and design.
• Ability to analyze data to identify patterns, variances and trends and effectively interprets what the information means.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Specific Experience Required
• 3 years project management experience
• 5 years work experience supporting HR Information Systems
• 3 years working with Relational Databases and report writing
• 3 years balancing and analyzing data to identify, investigate, and propose solutions to aligning technology solutions to organizational objectives
• Advanced Excel skills required (pivot tables, vlookups and ability to calculate using complex formulas)
• Advanced Word skills including writing documentation that describes installation and operating procedures
• Proficient using Vizio
• Experience working with enterprise BI tools
• Practicing Catholic with thorough knowledge and understanding of Catholic teachings, preferred.
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center.
The Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Approved - No