Job Opportunity Details
Safe Environment Coordinator
Hiring Location: St. Edward Parish - Parish
Address: 4014 Simpson St., Dallas, TX 75214 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: Yes
To implement and coordinate the Safe Environment Program of the Diocese of Dallas in the parish. To provide a safe and secure environment for minors and vulnerable adults. Also, to take over secretary responsibilities on a as needed basis.
• Manage the elements of the diocesan Safe Environment program in the parish, including training, criminal background checks, interviews, and reference checks for employees and volunteers.
• Coordinate the annual Safe Environment trainings held in the evenings and weekends
• Organize the annual training of all children and youth in parish religious education, RCIA program and youth ministry.
• Manage and update the Safe Environment database.
• Serve as point of contact and assure that all guest speakers and priest helping in the parish are following the norms of the Diocese of Dallas.
• Process two-yearly criminal background checks for priests, staff and volunteers serving in the parish.
• Serve as point of contact for annual parish Safe Environment audits.
• Work closely with Diocesan Director for Safe Environment and participate in scheduled diocesan Safe Environment meetings and other activities.
• Comply with all legal and diocesan requirements for reporting incidents of abuse of children and/or vulnerable adults.
• Serve on the Appeals Committee of the Diocesan entity
• In charge of administering and interpreting Safe Environment classes and material for yearly parish workshops.
• In charge of processing and issuing Parish ID’s
• Order supplies pertaining to Safe Environment
• Submit Yearly Sacramental Report to the Diocese
• Serve as point of contact for the Synod
• Asist collection counting process and deposits
• Perform secretary duties daily on an “as needed basis”
• Assist in yearly weekend Special Events (ex. Carnival)
• Other duties as assigned
• Ability to successfully pass a background check, criminal history, and credit check
• Must complete Safe Environment training
• Excellent oral/written communications, administrative skills, and computer literacy
• Must have basic proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDS (Parish Data System)
• Ability to train and teach others, Commitment to the program
• Ability to work collaboratively with others
• May be required to work weekends with advance notice
• Catholic with some knowledge and understanding of Catholic teachings preferred.
Name and Title: Martha DeLeon
How to submit resume: Drop-off at location, Email
Approved - Yes