Hiring Location: Catholic Charities of Dallas - Catholic Charities
Address: 9461 LBJ Freeway (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: Yes
Interviews, counsels, and advices clients regarding benefits available to them under the immigration law.
Informs clients of all requirements for the benefit sought and prepares clients’ cases for submission to Federal Government immigration agencies.
• Opens cases the following types of cases for clients who are fully prepared to present their cases to immigration authorities: initial family petitions; DS-230 Packets, Visa Appointments, adjustment of status applications, citizenship applications, employment authorization applications, TPS applications, V-Visa applications, FBI Rap sheets, FOIA applications, and green card replacement applications.
• Informs clients of legal requirements for benefits sought, expenses related to applying for the benefit and timeframes.
• Manages client cases once open, to ensure proper and timely consideration by government officials.
OTHER DUTIES: (10%)
• Adheres to agency and professional code of ethics.
• Attends immigration training seminars and read daily immigration law updates to remain abreast at all times of the immigration law and procedures. Maintains Accreditation at all times.
• Supports the Mission, Values, and Vision of Catholic Charities.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Training:
B.A. Degree preferred.
Two plus years immigration experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; verbal and written communication skills in English.
Ability to effectively interact with individuals from diverse cultures and ethnicities.
Computer literate and experience with MS Office suite of products.
Strong organizational and time management skills required.
Background check: This position requires a background check.
Driving Record: N/A
Health: Annual TB screen required, other public health screenings as required.
Language Requirements: Bilingual English/ Spanish required.
Name and Title: Brenda Huffman
How to submit resume: Mail, Drop-off at location, Email