Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Director of Youth Ministry
Hiring Location: Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Parish - Parish
Address: 1305 Damascus Rd., Rockwall, TX 75087 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Week days, with some evening and weekend hours
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church, located in Rockwall, Texas, is a family-oriented community of faith that wants to help its young people develop a meaningful relationship with Jesus and a welcoming experience of the Church. We are seeking a mission-oriented, faithful Catholic who can bring excitement to the Youth Ministry program. This individual will oversee and lead our high school youth group and Confirmation preparation for youth in grades 7-12. The ideal candidate for this position will be bilingual (English and Spanish), able to employ new, creative, and engaging methods of ministry, and capable of maintaining smooth administrative processes behind the scenes. The Director of Youth Ministry at Our Lady of the Lake needs to be well-adjusted, mature, physically able to perform the demands of Youth Ministry, willing and able to work a flexible schedule, travel occasionally with groups of youth and/or adults, and adept at balancing personal and ministerial life. The ideal candidate should be a bridge builder who can communicate effectively with parents, bring a positive attitude and work ethic to volunteers, and reach out to young people who are seeking meaning and purpose to their lives.
• Strong leadership qualities, passionate about youth ministry.
• Effective communicator. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Computer skills (Microsoft Office and Data Bases)
• Strong understanding and ability to articulate Catholic Teaching and catechetical method.
• Capable of learning specific computer programs, keeping up to date on social media networking.
• Able to model what it is to be a young, committed, Catholic today.
• Dedicated to his/her vocation.
• Committed to seeking holiness for oneself and modeling that holiness for the youth of the parish.
• Able to function in front of large groups.
• Bilingual preferred (Spanish and English)
• Work collaboratively with faith formation team and parish ministries.
• Effective time manager and excels at prioritizing responsibilities.
• Recognize and handle issues within scope of job duties and refer issues outside of the scope of job duties to the appropriate party.
Name and Title: Fr. Seán Martin, pastor
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes