Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Hiring Location: The Highlands School - Catholic School
Address: 1451 E. Northgate Drive, Irving, TX 75062 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: Associates Degree
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: Preferred
Founded in 1986, The Highlands School (THS) is a private independent Catholic school in
Irving, TX, accredited by TCCBED and AdvancEd offering students a Pre-Kindergarten to
12th grade Catholic education in the Diocese of Dallas. Our mission is forming Catholic
leaders, faithful disciples of Christ, who will take the gospel into the world to transform
it. Visit http://www.thehighlandsschool.org to learn more about our school.
THS seeks a full-time accountant in the business office who will be responsible for the
day-to-day accounting including accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing,
journal entries, and account reconciliations. This position also assists with other business
-Medical, Health and Dental Insurance
-Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability Insurance
-Child Tuition Discounts
-Paid Time Off
• Minimum of an Associate degree or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, a professional and positive service
mindset in interacting with others.
• Strong time management, attention to detail and organization skills.
• Proficiency using QuickBooks or similar accounting software as well as Microsoft Office products.
RESPONSIBILITIES included but not limited to:
• Managing accounts payable including obtaining approvals, coding, input, check writing and issue
• Maintaining accounts receivable by preparing billing, facilitating collection and applying
• Preparing journal entries, maintaining pre-paid asset schedule, researching budget variances,
preparing budget reports, and assisting in month end closing.
• Serving as Purchasing Agent for the various functional departments in the school ensuring best
pricing, proper approvals and timely execution of purchase requests.
• Processing banking deposits including preparation and recording.
• Preparing and submitting payroll in the absence of the HR Coordinator.
• Supporting team members in the business office when needed.
Name and Title: Patricia Hagerty, HR Coordinator
How to submit resume: Mail, Email
Approved - Yes