Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Communications and Marketing Assistant
Hiring Location: St. Francis of Assisi, Frisco, Texas - Parish
Address: 8000 Eldorado Parkway, Frisco, TX 75033 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 - 5:00 PM; some weekends /evenings
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
General Summary of the Position
St. Francis of Assisi Parish is looking for a creative and passionate individual for an assistant level position who will support the Communications Manager in their mission to deliver superior parish-wide communications. The ideal candidate should consider themselves a true disciple of Jesus Christ, eager to share and spread his/her faith, self-motivated, innovative, and able to perform key tasks independently in a timely manner. This person should have a servant leadership mindset, outstanding work ethic and professionalism, and be willing to operate and thrive in a prayer-based culture. In addition, the ideal candidate must enjoy working in a team environment and is excited to join a growing Catholic community with a vibrant and diverse culture and innovative community. This role will require a firm understanding of our church’s vision and values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Ministry Team assistance: collaborate with the ministry team and liturgy team to ensure that weekly/regular announcements are developed and edited appropriately for effective communications of all ministry and events through the Newsletter, social media and bulletin and Mass (i.e., Deacon/Pulpit announcements).
• Video: responsible for developing scripts and/or talking points, filming, editing/producing various videos throughout the year.
• Design: responsible for developing several materials and collateral pieces for departments such as liturgy, sacraments and faith formation that represent the St. Francis of Assisi brand and tone.
• Create and publish content for both English and Spanish for parish-wide publications including the Bulletin, Social Media, Website, Newsletter and Digital Displays.
• Assists in managing official social media accounts including development of content to increase use and engagement across all platforms with the expectation of regular and frequent (i.e., multiple times each week) posts.
• In tandem with the Communications Manager, collaborate with Parish Clergy, Staff, and Ministry Leaders to create compelling content and effective marketing plans.
• Manage the overall structure and content of the website while keeping up with current website best practices.
• Act as brand manager, responsible for safeguarding how the St. Francis of Assisi brand is portrayed in all communication including (but not limited to) print, email, social media, web. This includes a consistent tone and style is established and maintained.
• Responsible for ensuring that all bulletin boards, tables (in public areas such as hallways) are updated with the latest information and events from all staff departments as well as ministries.
• Manage and organize all digital assets within database.
• Coach staff and ministry leaders in effective Parish communications
• Assist in communication efforts for the annual Fall Festival.
• In collaboration with Communications Manager, support the execution of the annual marketing communications plan and monthly messaging calendar.
• Oversee and maintain photography and videography volunteers to ensure sufficient quality photo/video at all key parish events (e.g., Fall Festival, Easter Vigil, Confirmations, 1st Holy Communications etc.)
• In collaboration with Pastor, Senior Director of Operations and Communications Director support and execute communication activities around annual fundraising/stewardship and any future capital campaigns including the Bishop’s Annual appeal (occurs every January).
• Must be able to track expenses and budgets as well as manage all vendor contracts and ensure deliverables are met on time and within budget.
• Other duties as assigned by the Pastor, Senior Director of Operations and/or Communications and Marketing Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess a servant-leadership mindset.
• Must maintain a positive, upbeat, self-starting, solutions-centered, can-do attitude.
• Must be adept at problem solving.
• Must be flexible and willing to work with quick and unexpected deadlines.
• Must understand the importance of the parishioners and the community served by St. Francis of Assisi.
• Must be highly proficient with InDesign and all Adobe Software (including but not limited to Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere Pro, and Illustrator).
• Must have working experience in video and photography including video editing/photo manipulation.
• Must be able to thrive with minimal supervision; and the ability to listen carefully and take direction well.
• Must possess the ability to easily interact and relate with a wide assortment of personality types.
• Ability to manage time and prioritize accordingly.
• Must be a Catholic in good standing.
• Advanced MS Office experience, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel; Apple (iOS) platform experience beneficial.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with proven proficiency in copywriting.
• Experience in print production.
• Experience maintaining brand guidelines and standards.
• Must possess attention to detail and design, proven through portfolio work.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
• Experience in managing teams or freelancers is a plus.
• Must support the vision and strategic direction of the Pastor.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors in Marketing, Communication, Graphic Design, or related field, or comparable experience.
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) strongly desired and preferred.
• Frequent evenings and weekends.
Name and Title: Hiring Manager
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes