Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Hiring Location: Mary Immaculate Church - Parish
Address: 2800 Valwood Pkwy, Farmers Branch, TX 75234 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: 8 am - 5 pm
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
The maintenance assistant will perform general maintenance duties such as walking the areas between the Church, Rectories, School and all Grounds to check that general maintenance systems are in proper working order. Help monitor the church, rectories, school parking lots for any inappropriate activity. The maintenance duties will include checking the air conditioning and heating systems are in proper working order, checking and make repairs for lighting, electrical, plumbing, setting up tables and chairs for small church events and be available to reschedule work hours when needed.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
• Basic knowledge of materials, methods, and practices essential to the proper maintenance of buildings.
• Basic knowledge of operation and care of air conditioning and heating systems, carpentry, electrical and plumbing.
• Communicate in the English with parishioners, catechists, and parish staff.
• Understand and follow directions.
• Work with cleaning fluid, chemicals, cleaning agents or similar solutions using normal protective equipment to maintain facilities.
• Lift arms above shoulder level.
• Move objects weighing less than 50 pounds, long and short distances.
• Use common hand tools such as hammers, screw drivers or similar tools.
• Bend or stoop repeatedly or continually over time to pick up trash cans or litter.
• Climb ladders.
Name and Title: Marisa Walsdorf
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes