Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Hiring Location: St. Francis of Assisi, Frisco, Texas - Parish
Address: 8000 Eldorado Parkway, Frisco, TX 75033 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday; 12:00 - 9:00 (4 days/week); rotate Sundays
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: Associates Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
General Summary of the Position
St. Francis of Assisi Parish is looking for a hard-working, pro-active, solutions-orientated, and passionate individual to serve in the role of Ministry Assistant. The main objective of this role is to serve the active ministries and parishioners/volunteers of a very vibrant, bustling, Christ-filled parish. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, strives for superior “customer” (parishioner/volunteer) service, innovative, and able to perform key tasks independently in a timely manner. The Ministry Assistant should enjoy working in a team environment, considers her/himself a disciples of Jesus Christ, and is excited to join a growing Catholic community with a diverse culture and spiritual community. This role will require a firm understanding of our church’s vision and values.
The ideal candidate has a servant’s heart, is passionate about their Catholic faith and being a disciple of Jesus Christ and highly capable of serving the needs of the Parish’s ministries. He or she is extremely organized and good and managing multiple projects with volunteers and staff. In addition, the ideal candidate is great at troubleshooting, researching, investigating and solving problems related ministries.
This position will require a non-traditional work schedule consisting of afternoons, evenings and weekends (some Saturday, most Sundays). The regular schedule will consist of 12:00 – 9:00 four days a week, most Sundays and some Saturdays. If you are not willing/able to work during these time frames, please do not apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Works in tandem with Campus Operations and Ministry Director (COMD) and other Ministry team staff to ensure ministries are successful and making the desired impact within the community.
• Serves as a “chief officer of first impressions” for visitors and volunteers who come to St. Francis (Great Hall Foyer area) for meetings, events, general information.
• Collaborates with Campus Operations and Ministry Director, Senior Director of Operations, other Ministry Team staff and the (volunteer) Ministry Committee to ensure St. Francis of Assisi is offering sufficient, quality, successful, and meaningful ministries which further the mission of the parish and serve to help create disciples of Christ for all participants.
• Collaborates with Campus Operations and Ministry Director, Senior Director of Operations, other Ministry Team staff, and the volunteer leadership which comprises the Ministry Committee to develop, implement and follows a process for permitting new ministries as well as developing and implementing a process for ongoing evaluation of existing ministries to ensure success and meaningful impact.
• Looks for opportunities for ministries to collaborate with each other in areas such as, but not limited to, joint events and fundraisers and shared service projects/opportunities.
• Leads the communication and collaboration with all volunteer ministry leaders and maintains an excellent, positive working relationship with all ministry leadership.
• Collaborates with other Ministry Team staff to resolve all issues related to ministries, schedules, meeting spaces, safe environment, childcare, kitchen use, technology equipment, and facilities in general.
• Collaborates with Campus Operations and Ministry Director, Communications Manager, Senior Director of Operations, Pastor, and other applicable staff to examine the “big picture” of ministry events, activities (i.e., fundraisers, promotions) and meetings to ensure best use of facilities and resources.
• Collaborates with other Ministry Team staff to actively work to ensure proper number of events, including fundraising actives, communications needs (bulletin announcements, Mass announcements, electronic announcements) are spread strategically and wisely throughout the year.
• Responsible for operating in a customer-service role to help volunteers find meeting and event rooms, answer basic questions regarding parish, campus, and technology equipment. Assist with smaller room set up needs especially for parishioners of greatest need.
• Develop and cultivate relationships with volunteers to maintain a level of care and appreciation for each volunteer serving at St. Francis of Assisi.
• Takes initiative to keep abreast of all parish events and activities to inform volunteers and visitors accurately.
• In partnership with the Campus Operations and Ministry Director, other Ministry Team staff, and other staff such as Faith Formation, RCIA/RICA, etc., responsible for collaborating and overseeing events such as Welcome Receptions, Volunteer Appreciation event/picnic, ministry fair, weekly hospitality (e.g. Donut Sunday).
• Ensure that ministry’s meetings end promptly in order for schedule to be maintained.
• Responsible for ensuring meeting space is being used as scheduled and reporting all meeting “no-shows” that are not cancelled in the scheduling system in advance.
• Responsible for ensuring all ministries leave meeting spaces clean and arranged according to the room set up protocol as indicated.
• Responsible for ensuring all ministries are good stewards of the meeting spaces, equipment, technology, supplies and materials.
• Special Events: responsible for working with other staff (i.e. Facilities, Communication), volunteers, vendors and Day Porters to help arrange details and logistics for all special events (set up, day-of event, tear down) to ensure success of special events throughout the campus.
• In tandem with other Ministry Team staff, responsible for scheduling all events and meetings using parish software “eSpace”, and resources for ministries. Collaborate with Liturgy and Worship staff and other appropriate staff to ensure all events are accurately entered in the scheduling software.
• In collaboration with the Technology and Media Specialist, ensures meeting and event schedule is always accurately displayed on the parish website and on parish video monitors and smart display boards.
• Work together with other Ministry Team staff to ensure ministries follow the proper process and protocol for submitting requests for fundraisers, events, and promotions.
• Responsible for ensuring all ministry supplies are purchased, stocked and readily available for ministry usage
• In tandem with other Ministry Team staff, oversee proper use of Ministry copier/printer to help with ministry needs and proper operation of equipment.
• Collaborate with Facilities and Maintenance team – including day porters – for any maintenance needs.
• Collaborate with Facilities and Maintenance team to ensure lockdown of campus is properly managed.
• Collaborate with Facilities and Maintenance to ensure climate control of meeting rooms is comfortable for volunteers and guests.
• Collaborate with Tech and Media Specialist for all AV/IT needs for ministries, including setup and proper use of all technology in meeting rooms.
• Responsible for any logistics and planning related for all ministry programs and events; set up and manage online registration, record keeping in spreadsheets and databases.
• Oversees database management including entering of names and data, maintaining membership rolls of ministry groups into parish database.
• Develop new procedures and processes as necessary, in collaboration with other staff, to ensure efficient and effective operations of ministries.
• Logistics and planning for ministry programs and events; set up and manage online registration, record keeping in spreadsheets and databases.
• Execute other duties as deemed necessary by the pastor, Senior Director of Operations and Campus Operations and Ministry Director.
This role serves as the primary lead for the following Safe Environment tasks (note: other Ministry Team staff will collaborate and serve as back up for these responsibilities as well):
• Responsible for overseeing Safe Environment coordination of volunteers and collaborating with the COMD regarding any Safe Environment concerns and potential violations.
• Conduct Safe Environment interviews for new volunteers, run reference calls, checks & criminal background checks.
• Manage Safe Environment volunteers; conduct reference calls on a regular basis to complete reference requirement.
• Communicate with volunteers and Ministry leads, as needed, to ensure all ministries/volunteers are Safe Environment compliant.
• Ensure all extra activities/events are Safe Environment Compliant
• Verify Safe Environment compliance/clearance for all volunteers attending event.
• Ensures St. Francis is in compliance with Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment requirements as well as state and local laws.
• Attends all necessary and relevant diocese meetings.
• Collaborates with Faith Formation staff to ensure safe environment compliance such as: appropriate messaging provided to parents, adequate chaperones for events, conducts driver record checks for safe environment-cleared volunteers.
• Coordinates and oversees all injury incident reports are properly filed in a timely manner.
This role serves as the primary lead for the following Parish Nursery tasks (note: other Ministry Team staff will collaborate and serve as back up for these responsibilities as well):
• Responsible for overseeing the operations of the nursery, including scheduling of nursery workers, time clock/payroll approval, scheduling of hours, etc.
• Work with COMD to coordinate necessary hiring of childcare staff.
• Distribute weekly schedules to childcare staff.
• Process timecards for childcare staff twice a month to ensure accurate and timely payroll.
• Ensures and verifies safe environment clearance of all childcare staff and ensure adequate supervision at all times.
• Collaborates with facilities team to ensure Nursery is properly cleaned on a regular basis.
This role serves as the primary lead for the following Kitchen tasks (note: other Ministry Team staff will collaborate and serve as back up for these responsibilities as well)
• Collaborates with Facilities and Maintenance team to oversee the proper use of the parish Kitchen by all ministries. Works with Campus Operations and Ministry Director and Senior Director of Operations to enforce any penalties needed for ministry not adhering to kitchen guidelines and best practices.
• Responsible for ensuring all supplies (i.e., paper/dry supplies, coffee/coffee supplies, etc.) are ordered and kept in stock, accessible to all ministries.
• Responsible for monitoring Kitchen before each use to ensure it is clean and in proper working order; responsible for examining Kitchen after each use to ensure Checklist is complete.
• Responsible for communicating to Facilities and Maintenance Team and/or Campus Operation and Ministry Director any needs in the kitchen such as repairs to equipment, and any maintenance needs.
Communications to Ministries:
• Responsible for ensuring timely and relevant information is provided to all ministry leads and ministries as needed.
• Collaborates with other departments such as Faith Formation/Youth Ministry, Communications, Liturgy and Worship, Sacraments, etc. to ascertain all relevant information to keep ministries well-informed.
• In tandem with other Ministry Team staff, pays close attention to activities of ministries to foster collaboration between ministries.
• Responsible for attending all “official” Ministry Committee meetings as well as support the Ministry Committee Chair and other members in their efforts to support the pastor’s vision for excellence in ministries.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess a servant-leadership mindset.
• Must understand the concept of being “customer” (“parishioner”) driven and orientated.
• Must maintain a positive, upbeat, self-starting, solutions-centered, can-do attitude.
• Must be adept at problem solving.
• Must be adaptable to change quickly and be a very flexible team player.
• Must understand the importance of the parishioners and the community served by St. Francis of Assisi.
• Must have excellent customer service and diplomacy skills.
• Must be able to thrive with minimal supervision.
• Must possess the ability to easily interact and relate with a wide assortment of personality types.
• Must have the ability to listen carefully and take direction well.
• Ability to manage time and prioritize accordingly.
• Must be a Catholic in good standing.
• Must have excellent organization skills.
• Must have excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Advanced MS Office experience, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel; Apple (iOS) platform experience beneficial.
• Must support the vision and strategic direction of the Pastor.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
Education and Experience:
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) strongly desired.
• Associates degree in related field
• This position requires evenings and/or weekends. If you are not able to work a shift from 12:00 – 9:00 four days a week plus most Sundays and some Saturdays, please do not apply.
Name and Title: Hiring Manager
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes