Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Associate Director of Marketing and Communications
Hiring Location: Prince of Peace - Parish
Address: 5100 W PLANO PKWY, PLANO, TX 75093 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm with occasional work on evenings or weekends
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
General Summary of the Position
Prince of Peace is seeking a dynamic digital evangelist who has a passion for storytelling and bringing others to Christ through art and beauty. This individual will report directly to the Director of Pastoral Ministries and will work with the entire community to promote events and create content. We are looking for a self-starter who is comfortable working in a team environment and interacting with many different groups. This individual will be responsible for fulfilling a wide range of marketing and communications needs including digital media & strategy, advertising, event management, and general administrative departmental support. This position requires the person to be/become an entrenched member of the parish in order to capture important moments in the lives of parishioners.
Detail Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
● Website /SEO
○ Manage and maintain multiple websites for ministries using Squarespace while also brainstorming new and creative growth strategies through digital marketing.
○ Develop digital media strategy by studying SEO and other indicators to increase traffic to websites.
○ Manages brand reputation across Google My Business, responds to reviews, conducts surveys, and encourages reviews
● Social Media
○ Maintains and builds social media presence, including the creation of content, monitoring of comments, and engaging with users to creating online communities of parishioners.
● Content Creation/Branding
○ Upholds the branding guidelines as given by Prince of Peace to create engaging content for all ministries to use.
○ Contributes to marketing effectiveness through video, photo, and graphic design.
○ Develop/Maintain content calendars for social media and campus monitors
○ Collect images and data from events for promotion on photo screens
○ Create weekly bulletin and e-newsletter to be published to parishioners.
○ Monitor and engage with feedback/comments received to cultivate an environment of good publicity.
○ Lead building campaign communications alongside the communication chairs to increase revenue and support of parish capital campaign
○ Supports the planning, promotion, and execution of major parish/school events and meetings (including those during non-business hours)
○ Oversee the Tech Coordinator in their duties.
○ Manage volunteers and ministry groups
● Other duties, as assigned by the Director of Pastoral Ministries
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
In addition to the qualifications necessary to fulfill the responsibilities above, this person should be
● Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
● Able to produce compelling content (photo, video, graphics) using Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) and Microsoft Office
● Competent in Google Analytics and SEO optimization
● Organized, creative, and proactive
● Familiar with marketing and communications principles
● Must be a committed and practicing Catholic
● Must accept all the teachings of the Catholic Church
● Must be involved in the life of the parish at Prince of Peace
● Must be committed to ongoing professional and spiritual development
Education and Experience:
● Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communication, or related field
● 2-3 years of relevant professional experience preferred
● Ministry experience is preferred
● Must attend mandatory parish staff meetings and diocesan functions
● Must uphold and adhere to the guidelines and policies of the Diocese of Dallas
Name and Title: Josh Schwartz (Director of Pastoral Ministries)
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes