Hiring Location: St. Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Community - McKinney - Parish
Address: 110 St. Gabriel Way, McKinney, TX 75071 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: TBD: Daytime Office hours, Some evening & weekend program hours
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
St. Gabriel is growing! We are currently reorganizing our Children’s Ministry area by creating a position to help support children, through their families, on their journey of following Jesus. The Children’s Ministry Programs Coordinator reports to the Director of Children’s Ministry. The role collaborates with the Director of Children’s Ministry, Early Childhood coordinator, families, staff, volunteers, and clergy in a shared mission to nurture children at St. Gabriel to be missionary disciples of Jesus in our Catholic tradition. The role includes, but is not limited to, supporting the Director with following programs: Whole Family Formation, Family Connect Groups, Reach Kids Nights, Reconciliation and Eucharist Sacramental Preparation, RCIA adapted for children, and Early Childhood Sunday Programs.
Intended Outcomes from this role:
• Children and their parents will be invited to Be Open to participate in the discipleship journey in our Catholic tradition.
• Children and their parents will Believe in Jesus and choose to follow Him, in a relevant child-friendly & family-focused way.
• Children and their parents will Belong to and engage in a Christian Community, with the family as the center.
• Children and their parents will Be Formed in the wisdom and practices of following Jesus, in developmentally appropriate settings.
• The Director of Children’s Ministry will have programmatic and administrative support.
• Assist in Children’s Ministry communication with families with vibrant and attractive messaging regarding our mission and programming, utilizing email, web, bulletin announcements, print flyers, and other relevant communication methods
• Assist families with program registration, field email questions about Children’s Ministry programs, and answer incoming calls for the department. Serve as a witness of Jesus and consistently invite families deeper into the joyful journey of following Jesus - Provide leadership and accompanying support for families enrolled in formation programs
• Coordinate volunteers, plan, organize, and further develop our evangelizing community programing for Elementary age Children (Reach Kids Nights)
• Coordinate volunteers, plan, organize, and further develop our First Communion and Reconciliation Sacramental Preparation events
• Assist in the planning, organization, and development of formation programs for Children and families (Whole Family Formation (new), Family Connect Groups (future))
• Create, prepare, maintain, and reconcile necessary budget tools & reports for the Director of Children’s Ministry
• Collaborate with the Parish Information Specialist to ensure data and reports on attendance, participation, and communication, are available for the review and action - Help maintain the integrity of information for participants
• Purchase programming supplies and materials, support in the set-up, supply gathering, and final preparation tasks of ministry events
• Due to location of desk area, serve as a general greeter for the parish office
• Maintain ongoing training though Pastoral Ministry Certification at University of Dallas (remote) and other training as determined by your development plan
• Any other duties assigned by the Pastor and Director of Children’s Ministry
Key Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) to professionally communicate and represent the St. Gabriel community
• Experience with graphic design and communicating a message (graphic-driven emails, newsletters, and print flyers)
• Excited and infectious about being a witness to their Catholic faith and walk with Jesus with a “customer service” mentality
• Strong organizational skills, detailed, a list-maker
• Proficiency in Microsoft software products
• Adept at quickly learning and utilizing technology and software; knowledge or experience with designing and generating standard and ad hoc reports from databases and manipulating data in Excel is a plus.
• Active in the Roman Catholic faith and commitment to function in a manner consistent with the mission of the Roman Catholic Church
Name and Title: Hiring Manager
How to submit resume: Email