Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Facilities Project and Maintenance Manager
Hiring Location: St. Francis of Assisi, Frisco, Texas - Parish
Address: 8000 Eldorado Parkway, Frisco, TX 75033 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 - 5:00 PM; weekends /evenings
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
General Summary of the Position
St. Francis of Assisi Parish is looking for a hard-working, pro-active, solutions-orientated, and passionate individual to serve in the brand-new role of Facilities Project Manager. The main objective of this position is to ensure the Campus Operations of the parish are successful through the management of relevant projects and performing maintenance responsibilities.
The ideal candidate has a servant’s heart, is passionate about their Catholic faith and being a disciple of Jesus Christ and highly capable of performing facilities and maintenance work. He or she is extremely organized and good at managing multiple projects with vendors, volunteers, and staff. In addition, the ideal candidate is great at troubleshooting, researching, investigating, and solving problems related to Campus Operations and Facilities.
The ideal candidate is great with budgets and able to maintain and grow relationships with vendors, contractors, and volunteers. The ideal candidate has a savvy business acumen and able to read/review and help negotiate agreements and contracts. Lastly, the ideal candidate can perform key tasks independently in a timely manner and enjoys working in a team environment and excited to join a growing Catholic community with a diverse culture and spiritual community. This role will require a firm understanding of our Church’s vision and values.
This position is a new role and will require a non-traditional work schedule which will include as part of the weekly schedule required shifts of Fridays and Sundays early morning to late afternoon (i.e. 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM), and to be on call for Saturdays (note: this position and a Facilities Manager will split on-call duties on Saturdays). If you are not willing/able to work during these time frames, please do not apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Able to develop and execute a proactive maintenance program for the entire infrastructure across the parish campus (i.e., HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Roof, Grounds).
• Ensure that all facilities assets and systems are in proper working order through proficient preventive and corrective facility maintenance.
• Provide consultation and insight to help determine if facilities-related projects estimates/budgets/scope are competitive and in the best interest of St. Francis of Assisi.
• Create helpful and purposeful reports on maintenance, repairs, safety, and other occurrences for Campus Operation and Ministry Director, Pastor and Senior Director of Operations.
• Collaborate with Building Committee to leverage volunteers’ expertise and ability to support the Parish Campus Operations.
• HVAC System: serves as backup to Campus Operations and Ministry Director for maintaining and adjusting HVAC system to ensure proper temperature is maintained in buildings.
• Lockdown equipment and Security cameras: collaborates with Campus Operations and Ministry Director and Technology and Media Specialist to ensure lockdown equipment and security cameras are properly working and to identify any activity captured on security cameras requiring investigation or further action.
• Other duties as assigned by Pastor, Senior Director of Operations or Campus Operations and Ministry Director.
• Able to maintain, troubleshoot and repair mechanical electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems and equipment in church, chapel, parish center, rectory and throughout the grounds.
• Ensure entire campus is free of safety hazards.
• Successfully manage multiple contractor and vendor relationships and ensure all work is completed exceptionally, timely and on budget.
• Ensures all aspects of the building meet a standard of excellence, cleanliness and professionalism including sacred spaces (Church, chapel), kitchen, staff office/workstations, common areas, rectory, and parking facilities.
• Successfully manage the day-to-day schedule and tasks of day porters
• Oversee and manage all applicable City of Frisco and Collin County inspections and code enforcements; works to successful complete any work needed to remain in compliance or become compliant.
• Assist with electronic security, schedule/meeting room preparedness per event.
• Supervises the design and upkeep of the facilities grounds and landscaping.
• Ensures all materials/supplies are on-site to maintain the cycle of continuous business days; includes ordering supplies.
• Ensure the priest rectory (and other priests housing as applicable) is maintained.
• Supervises and oversees facility-related projects to completion. This includes identifying the scope of the project, budget, sourcing the work (i.e., volunteers, vendors/contractors)
• Works in tandem with Finance Department and others as necessary (Pastor, Senior Director of Operations, Diocese leads, etc.) to ensure all contracts are accurate and represent the best interest of St. Francis of Assisi and are complete in a timely manner and within budget.
o Navigates internal and Diocese of Dallas approval process for budgets and projects.
• Collaborates with Technology and Media Specialist to support any technology/IT projects.
• Collaborates with Facilities Manager (or day porters or others) for any projects or tasks that require more than one person to complete (i.e., lifting/moving heavy objects, high ceilings/roofs, etc.)
• Oversees facilities requests from clergy, staff, and ministries/volunteers and ensures all necessary tasks are completed in a timely and successful manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess a servant-leadership mindset.
• Must be able to fix/repair and maintain equipment, systems, etc. throughout the campus.
• Must maintain a positive, upbeat, self-starting, solutions-centered, can-do attitude.
• Must be adept at problem solving.
• Must be adaptable to change quickly and be a very flexible team player.
• Must understand the importance of the parishioners and the community served by St. Francis of Assisi.
• Must have excellent customer service and diplomacy skills.
• Must be able to thrive with minimal supervision.
• Must possess the ability to easily interact and relate with a wide assortment of personality types.
• Must have the ability to listen carefully and take direction well.
• Ability to manage time and prioritize accordingly.
• Must have excellent organization skills.
• Must be a Catholic in good standing.
• Advanced MS Office experience, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel; Apple (iOS) platform experience beneficial.
• Must support the vision and strategic direction of the Pastor.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
Education and Experience:
• At least three years of hands-on facilities and/or maintenance experience for a large, commercial (non-residential) campus
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) strongly preferred.
• Associates degree in related field
• This position requires evenings and/or weekends.
Name and Title: Hiring Manager
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes