Hiring Location: St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church - Frisco - Parish
Address: 8000 Eldorado Parkway, Frisco, TX 75033 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 - 5:00 PM
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: Associates Degree
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: Preferred
General Summary of the Position
The Bookkeeper administratively assists the Financial Director in timely and accurately executing the financial activities of the parish. This includes processing donations and other forms of income, bill payments, credit card payments, expense reimbursement, payroll processing and monthly reporting. The Bookkeeper ensures the required 2-person internal control measures are met. The Bookkeeper exercises discretion and due respect for confidentiality in all aspects of the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Accounts Payable – data entry, check writing, review payments with signer as needed, distribute payments.
• Positive Pay – manage bank’s payment verification program.
• Deposit Preparation – process fees received from departments, data entry.
• Deposit Checks – scan and upload to bank.
• Electronic Donations/Payments – data entry, ministry/event coding, information distribution to departments.
• Manage accounts for donations received via various financial institutions and employer match programs.
• Correspond with parishioners regarding donations as needed.
• Upload/enter all donations into parish database.
• Special Collections – prepare collection baskets and deposit bags according to schedule.
• Distribute end-of-year contribution statements to parishioners by January 31, as well as acknowledgements upon request.
• Prepare routine journal entries.
• Payroll – import journal entries and itemize, backup for entire payroll process in the absence of Financial Director.
• Financial Reporting (Departmental) – format and distribute.
• Financial Reporting (Finance Council) – compile, merge, and format multiple reports into compact reports in Excel.
• Detailed familiarity with multi-department budgets and coding.
• Vendor Management – keep contact information current, acquire and document W-9 information as needed.
• Filing – maintain vendor and employee files, scan financial documents and maintain electronic files.
• Budget – data entry of annual budget in QuickBooks.
• Annual Financial Review – be available during the week of the annual review to answer questions and pull information as needed.
• Parish membership – update Texas Catholic Newspaper and donation envelope vendor with added/deleted/changed parishioner data; update database manager of returned envelopes and address changes determined through these vendors. (these are more relevant to database manager)
• Other duties as assigned by Financial Director, Senior Director of Operations and Pastor
• Collaborate with Senior Director of Operations and Pastoral Executive Assistant to provide donor records for Parish-wide database.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess a servant-leadership mindset.
• Must maintain a positive, upbeat, self-starting, solutions-centered, can-do attitude.
• Must be adept at problem solving.
• Must understand the importance of the parishioners and the community served by St. Francis of Assisi.
• Must be able to thrive with minimal supervision.
• Must possess the ability to easily interact and relate with a wide assortment of personality types.
• Must be highly detailed orientated and capable of checking own work for editing/proofing.
• Must have the ability to listen carefully and take direction well.
• Must have the ability to manage time and prioritize accordingly.
• Advanced knowledge of accounting principles and concepts.
• Advanced proficiency in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and ten-key calculation.
• Ability to learn and become proficient in industry-specific programs.
• Ability to successfully pass background check.
• Catholic in good standing preferred.
Name and Title: Hiring Manager
How to submit resume: Email