Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Faith Formation and Youth Ministry Assistant
Hiring Location: St. Francis of Assisi, Frisco, Texas - Parish
Address: 8000 Eldorado Parkway, Frisco, TX 75033 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 - 5:00 PM; some weekends /evenings
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: Associates Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Yes
General Summary of the Position
St. Francis of Assisi Parish in Frisco, Texas is looking for a bilingual (fluent in English and Spanish), dedicated, innovative, and passionate individual to serve as the Family Faith Formation and Youth Ministry Assistant. This position will have a dual reporting structure and report equally to the Family Faith Formation Manager and Youth and Young Adult Ministry Director in serving the needs of families (including young children, middle school, and high school) and Young Adults. This position will also work closely with the Family Faith Formation and Youth Ministry Coordinator and collaborate on many tasks and projects. The Family Faith Formation and Youth Ministry Assistant will support both the English and Spanish Family Faith Formation program to ensure successful operations and seamless communications to provide the best possible experience for our families. The overall goal of the role is to support families’ efforts to be formed in their faith and become Catholic disciples of Jesus Christ.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter that enjoys working in a collaborative team environment, perfectly bilingual in English and Spanish, possesses a servant’s heart, loves to problem solve, is passionate about their Catholic Faith and is excited to join a growing Catholic community with a vibrant culture and innovative parish. The ideal candidate is very organized, detail orientated, great on the phone as well as in person, has great oral written skills, is fast on her/his feet, a great problem solver, and great with basic technology and social media. In addition, he/she will be able to communicate in a very professional and personable and pastoral manner to families face-to-face, over the phone and electronically (i.e., emails). This role will require a firm understanding of our Parish’s vision and values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Responsible for assisting the Family Faith Formation Coordinator and Youth Ministry teams to ensure the best overall faith experience as the parish collaborates with families to form intentional disciples of all children/youth in our community.
• Administrative: Responsible for the sacramental documentation of all individuals which includes updating files with missing information and records. Includes information such as registration, registration fees, collecting fees, tracking down baptism certificates, sponsor forms, etc. Also includes tasks such as updating attendance records, sacramental requirements as well as conveying information to supervisors and parents/families as directed.
• Assist with ensuring all adults are safe environment cleared; collaborates with parish safe environment staff to ensure compliance in a timely manner. Also responsible for working with all adults who need background checks, as well as driving records/permissions to serve as drivers.
• As needed , collaborates with Liturgy team and Pastoral Executive Assistant to coordinate liturgical needs, including scheduling priests and deacons (visiting priests if needed), for talks, presentations, confessions, adoration, etc.
• Bilingual Responsibilities: Serves as the primary lead within the Faith Formation and Youth Ministry departments to support and interact with Spanish speaking individuals (mostly but not limited to parents) to address any questions, needs, registration information, and general help.
• Serves as the primary lead within the Faith Formation and Youth Ministry departments for any translation needs of emails, forms, documents. This may also include translating relevant Faith Formation and Youth/Young Adult materials.
• Family Onboarding: Responsible for onboarding families which includes answering phone calls (which includes peak seasons of high phone call volume), responding to email inquiries and general questions, and meeting with families in person. Requires a superior knowledge of the parish, the Origin program as well as a pastoral, nurturing approach to help families encounter Christ through Faith Formation and Youth Ministry.
• Financial Management: Responsible for managing and collecting payments for registration, sacrament fees, retreats, camps, events, and other items. Also responsible for tracking all payments and able to follow up with families about outstanding fees. This also includes as necessary working with families who need payment plans or scholarships.
• Assists with managing any contracts, agreements, vendor relationships to ensure all agreements and payments are approved and processed in a timely fashion. This can include researching and/or negotiating potential new vendors and providers for best service, quality, and price.
• Other duties assigned by direct supervisors, the Pastor or the Senior Director of Operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess a servant-leadership mindset.
• Must maintain a positive, upbeat, self-starting, solutions-centered, can-do attitude.
• Must be adept at problem solving and troubleshooting.
• Must understand the importance of the parishioners and the community served by St. Francis of Assisi.
• Must be able to thrive with minimal supervision.
• Must possess the ability to easily interact and relate with a wide assortment of personality types.
• Must have the ability to listen carefully and take direction well.
• Must possess a truly authentic caring, pastoral, nurturing spirit and personality.
• Must possess a passion for evangelization and a tireless desire to spread the Gospel to current parishioners and non-parishioners with a desire to begin a faith journey.
• Ability to manage time and prioritize accordingly.
• Must be a Catholic in good standing.
• Must be a practicing Catholic and demonstrate an active commitment to the Church’s mission and to the sharing of that mission with youth.
• Must be an excellent project manager.
• Must be capable of building strong relationships with parishioners/volunteers and organizing volunteers to fulfill specific needs of the Parish campus and facilities.
• The nature of this position requires incumbent to work a highly flexible schedule comprised of day, evening, and weekend hours.
• Must possess strong technology skills including Microsoft 365 (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), as well as other platforms. Must be able to learn quickly technology tools and resources such as eSpace (parish scheduling software), Wufoo (by Survey Monkey), FlockNote (current Parish e-newsletter system). Familiarity and experience using various common social media platforms a plus.
• Must possess strong communication (written and oral) skills and be able to communicate professionally, personable and pastorally.
• Must support the vision and strategic direction of the Pastor.
Education and Experience:
• Fluent in Spanish and English is required
• Bachelors’ degree is preferred.
• Hours are mostly M-F, 9:00-5:00 with some evenings and weekends.
Name and Title: Hiring Manager
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes