Hiring Location: St. Francis of Assisi, Frisco, Texas - Parish
Address: 8000 Eldorado Parkway, Frisco, TX 75033 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 - 5:00 PM; some weekends
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
General Summary of the Position
St. Francis of Assisi Parish in Frisco, Texas is looking for a dedicated, innovative, and passionate individual to serve as the Faith Formation and Youth Ministry Assistant. This position will have a dual reporting structure and report equally to the Children’s Faith Formation Coordinator and Youth and Young Adult Ministry Director in serving the needs of children (K-6th), and the Youth (7th – 12th). The Faith Formation and Youth Ministry/Young Adult Assistant will collaborate with the Spanish Faith Formation team to ensure successful operations and seamless communications in an effort to provide the best possible experience for our families.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter that enjoys working in a collaborative team environment, possesses a servant’s heart, loves to problem solve, is passionate about their Catholic Faith and is excited to join a growing Catholic community with a vibrant culture and innovative parish. The ideal candidate is very organized, and detail orientated. In addition, he/she will be able to communicate in a very professional and personable and pastoral manner to families face to face, over the phone and electronically (i.e. emails). This role will require a firm understanding of our Parish’s vision and values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Responsible for assisting the Faith Formation Coordinator and Youth Ministry team to ensure the best overall faith experience as the parish collaborates with families to form intentional disciples of all children/youth in our community.
• Responsible for assisting in the communications to families of all relevant information pertaining to Faith Formation for both Children and Youth and Young Adult Ministry. This includes responsibly and professionally articulating the vision of the program as well as any relevant details.
• Oversees registration process for all Children and Youth/Young Adult for English programs. This includes ensuring accurate and timely information is provided on the parish website and any other communications tools deemed necessary.
• Responsible for registration and logistics/details for all retreats, mission trips, off-site events (e.g. Lock Ins, Mission: Possible, etc.). Includes creating registration forms, taking/processing payment, ensuring reservations with site are confirmed, working with Parish Finance Team to ensure contract and liability insurance needs are addressed, arranging for additional details such as transportation (e.g. bus), food, waivers are signed by families/participants/volunteers, etc. Also includes scheduling priest or deacon as needed, including arranging for stipend for all visiting priest.
• Responsible for the creation of any forms for registration, participation, retreats, etc. This includes verifying all information is accurate in registration forms, keeping track of participants, communicating to families to ensure all payments, forms and other requirements are successfully completed.
• Responsible for processing payments for Faith Formation Registration, Retreats, Sacrament Preparation Fees,
etc. Also responsible for managing the process for providing scholarships, refunds, and tracking any families on payment plans. Responsible for working with families to ensure a balance between addressing their financial needs and collecting the necessary registration fees to maintain successful operation of the Faith Formation and Youth Ministry program.
• Responsible for maintaining the schedule of all Children and Faith Formation meetings, sessions, events, (both on and off campus). This includes ensuring all reservations in parish scheduling software (eSpace) are up to date and accurate.
• Responsible for collaborating with the Campus Operations and Ministry Director as well as the Ministry Assistants to ensure all facilities needs (rooms, resources, etc.) are properly scheduled in the parish scheduling software (eSpace) and is able to provide information to Campus Operations and Ministry team with ample time to implement.
• Responsible with collaborating with Marketing/Communications team to ensure proper messaging is provided to families for any parish wide events in order to ensure families are kept informed of all the latest events and parish-wide initiatives.
• Responsible for collaborating with the Children’s Faith Formation Coordinator and the Youth Ministry Director to develop an annual budget. Also responsible for tracking expenses accurately and timely.
• Responsible for collaborating with Liturgy Team to ensure visiting priests are recruited and scheduled for any relevant needs such as Confessions, retreats, talks, etc. Also includes working with the Finance team to request stipends for any priests, guest speakers, musicians, etc.
• Responsible for all administrative operations associated with supporting Faith Formation and Youth Ministry and including all catechists and volunteers. This includes, but is not limited to documenting records, tracking family/children participation and involvement in each session whether in person (on site at the Parish), or at home/online.
• Responsible for helping to recruit volunteers and catechists as needed. This includes assisting volunteers to be safe environment trained and cleared (and renewed as needed). Responsible for ensuring volunteers receive proper training, materials and support.
• Responsible for providing timely responses to all family inquiries and questions. Also responsible for providing professional, personable and pastoral responses to families and be attentive to their needs.
• Responsible for ensuring all sacramental records are recorded in the official parish registries as well as backed up electronically. This includes working with the appropriate staff and potentially recruiting, training and supporting volunteers to help.
• Collaborates with Spanish Faith Formation team to ensure continuity, sharing of best practice, and works to build a cohesive team with Spanish Faith Formation.
• Responsible for basic event management including being able to set up meeting rooms, including basic A/V equipment, arranging details for inviting attendees and meeting presenters/organizers. Also includes, as needed and directed supporting event with any support materials, handouts, etc. as well as hospitality needs (beverages, food, etc.). Responsible for working in tandem with Campus Operations and Ministry Team to collaborate on room set up, tear down and sanitization/cleaning.
• Responsible for assisting Faith Formation Coordinator and Youth Ministry team with sacramental prep (1st Communion, Reconciliation and Confirmation). This includes, but Is not limited to ensuring all sacrament requirements and expectations are clearly communicated to families as well as working in tandem with families to collect all necessary requirements, paperwork, certificates, payments, registration needs, etc. Also responsible for accurately and in a timely manner communicating to all parents the necessary dates, times, locations for meetings, rehearsals and liturgies/Masses.
• Coordinates with Liturgy Team to ensure successful liturgies and Masses for all children/youth receiving 1st Communion, Reconciliation and Confirmation.
• Responsible for managing any FlockNote (parish email software) or potential future equivalent.
• Encourages ongoing formation for volunteers and staff members; continues personal professional development and spiritual enrichment.
• Responsible for keeping accurate and organized records, especially sacramental documents, and records.
• Willing to provide backup for parish Receptionist and Pastoral Executive Assistant as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by the Pastor and/or Senior Director of Operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess a servant-leadership mindset.
• Must maintain a positive, upbeat, self-starting, solutions-centered, can-do attitude.
• Must be adept at problem solving and troubleshooting
• Must understand the importance of the parishioners and the community served by St. Francis of Assisi.
• Must be able to thrive with minimal supervision.
• Must possess the ability to easily interact and relate with a wide assortment of personality types.
• Must have the ability to listen carefully and take direction well.
• Must possess a truly authentic caring, nurturing spirit and personality.
• Must possess a passion for evangelization and a tireless desire to spread the Gospel to current parishioners and non-parishioners with a desire to begin a faith journey.
• Ability to manage time and prioritize accordingly.
• Must be a Catholic in good standing.
• Must be a practicing Catholic and demonstrate an active commitment to the Church’s mission and to the sharing of that mission with youth.
• Must be an excellent project manager
• Must be capable of building strong relationships with parishioners/volunteers and organizing volunteers to fulfill specific needs of the Parish campus and facilities.
• The nature of this position requires incumbent to work a highly flexible schedule comprised of day, evening, and weekend hours.
• Must possess strong technology skills including Microsoft 365 (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), as well as other platforms. Must be able to learn quickly technology tools and resources such as eSpace (parish scheduling software), Wufoo (by Survey Monkey), FlockNote (current Parish e-newsletter system). Familiarity and experience using various common social media platforms a plus.
• Must possess strong communication (written and oral) skills and be able to communicate professionally, personable and pastorally.
• Must support the vision and strategic direction of the Pastor.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors’ degree preferred.
Name and Title: Hiring Manager
How to submit resume: Email