Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Assistant to Religious Education Director
Hiring Location: All Saints Catholic Parish - Parish
Address: 5231 Meadowcreek Drive, Dallas, TX 75248 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: Weekdays 20-25 Hours with some weekend events
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
The Religious Education Assistant enables the Director to maximize the quality of faith formation programs and the RCIA process through primarily clerical support. The Assistant performs work of major responsibility requiring a high level of initiative, judgment, organizational ability, and knowledge of the interrelated functions of the position and the parish.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Responsible for operating telephone system, greeting and referring visitors, scheduling facilities, data entry, word processing, typing and maintenance of files, photocopying and duplicating of materials, paying bills and providing a variety of other clerical services.
• Lead efficient Faith Formation Registration Process
• Directs the process of deposits, purchases of texts and materials
• Initiates revisions for manuals, website and handbooks as needed
• Maintains and updates Religious Education Calendar
• Manages the Religious Education Office environment, organizing, inventory, maintaining
• Provides communication with parents through bulletin announcements, monthly newsletter, pulpit announcements, bulletin board displays
• Directs the Safe Environment clearance for the RE volunteers
• Initiates and maintains accurate records on students, families, catechists, sacraments
• Acting as parish resource person in areas of basic theology
• Invites, motivates, and forms volunteers to serve as responsible catechists
• Facilitates the growth of personal faith and community among catechists
• Delegates tasks and responsibilities as needed
• Collaborates with parish staff and other ministers and serves as catechetical resource for the Christian Initiation of all persons of catechetical age
• Maintains professional updating through research, classes, workshops, reading, and contact with peers
• Promotes good public relations both within and beyond the parish and is involved in diocesan events
• Assists with placement of catechists in grade levels
• Guides development and operation of resource center for religious formation
• Participates in the worship life of the parish
• Participates in diocesan activities (meetings, committees, etc.) as schedule allows
• Attends and participates in department and Church Staff Meetings as schedule allows
• Available to assist with large group youth events i.e.… Vacation Bible School, First Reconciliation/First Eucharist Meetings
• Performs additional projects, duties and tasks as directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Principles of catechesis for all age levels
• Contemporary church documents, origins, and development of the Church's teachings: scripture, theology, spirituality, liturgy
• Multi-cultural dimensions of catechesis
• Catechetical resources and their application for all age levels
• Diocesan and national expectations and trends in catechesis
• Knowledge of mission and organizational structure of the Catholic Church.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs (Excel, Word, Publisher), NSpire, Elexio, and basic internet knowledge.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred. Effective verbal and written skills; in English and Spanish usage, and other related duties as required.
• Understand the partnership of family, parish community and catechists as essential agents in the catechetical process
• Include awareness of ethnic and cultural sensitivity in all catechetical efforts
• Facilitate effective group interaction and teamwork
• Cooperate with and assist school principal and teachers in carrying out the goals for Sacrament catechesis in the school
• Inform, support, and resource parents or primary care givers in the religious formation of their children
• Promote and implement diocesan policies and guidelines regarding religious education and respond to Diocesan requests for reports, surveys, and program evaluations
• Be available evenings, weekends and holidays as needed. (typically once a month)
• Assist with First Eucharist Celebration and Reception
Education, Certification and Experience
• College Education preferred.
• At least two years’ experience with a parish faith formation program to include administrative experience in the direction of some phase of the program involving children, youth, adults, catechists.
• Must have current Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Certification.
Name and Title: Philip Muscat - Business Manager
How to submit resume: Drop-off at location, Email
Approved - Yes