Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Hiring Location: Pastoral Center-The Texas Catholic - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: Associates Degree
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: Preferred
General Summary of the Position
The Administrative Assistant assists the Editor while also working with other Texas Catholic and Revista Católica staff in fulfilling the mission of the publication. The individual in this position will be tasked with handling all administrative duties, circulation database entry, and serve as a liaison between the publications and the general public. Exceptional communication skills are crucial as is the ability to instinctively prioritize and juggle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Answer phone inquiries, directing calls to appropriate staff and providing basic information about The Texas Catholic.
• Perform clerical duties, archive newspapers, maintain files, help schedule meetings and organize documents, as needed.
• Collect and distribute mail daily.
• Help oversee circulation database, including updating of records with additions and deletions, curating return mail addresses from Post Office, assisting with format of parish lists when submitted, processing online and phone requests concerning subscriptions, and producing necessary reports for Midway Press from circulation database.
• Distributing office copies to various department mailboxes when delivered from press.
• Assist with develop and updating of annual directory for Diocese of Dallas, including coordinating with other departments, clergy, religious orders, parishes, etc., to have updated information.
• Assist with distribution/sales of annual Diocese of Dallas directory, including coordination of orders to various individuals, departments, parishes and schools.
• Monitoring information email addresses and directing emails to proper staff members within Texas Catholic and Business Office, including PayPal payments, paid new subscriptions, directory sales and any accounts receivable/payable correspondence.
• Produce, update, edit, and electronically distribute Clergy Newsletter.
• Produce, update, edit, and electronically distribute Pastoral Center (PC) News.
• Track and purchase office supplies for Texas Catholic as needed with supervisor approval.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel); scheduling appointments and updating shared calendars. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
• Must have ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, prioritize daily tasks, coordinate and schedule multiple assignments, interact with the public, demonstrate excellent phone presentation and respond to advertising and circulation inquires.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent; associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred
• Prior experience handling office responsibilities, experience in customer service or related field
• Practicing Catholic preferred
• Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center.
The Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Name and Title: Lana Kauffman, HR/Recruitment
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes