Job Opportunity Details
Hiring Location: Security - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: Yes
General Summary of the Position
Support the Diocesan Pastoral Center by answering the switchboard; greeting and directing visitors, receiving incoming mail, packages, and other deliveries; monitoring security cameras; notifying proper management personnel of security issues of any nature as necessary. As the first point of contact for visitors entering the Pastoral Center, the receptionist must be courteous and professional while demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Answer switchboard telephone and direct calls appropriately.
• Greet and log in visitors.
• Contact proper Pastoral Center Staff as necessary to address visitor need.
• Direct visitors as requested by Pastoral Center Staff; security protocol to be maintained.
• Receive and coordinate the distribution of incoming mail, overnight materials, packages, and other shipments.
• Monitor security cameras and notify proper Pastoral Center Staff in the event of security related issues.
• Monitor door since the building is closed only allowing employees/visitors that are allowed in the building.
• Assist maintenance with the scanning of incoming packages to sanitize before leaving the receptionist area.
• Administers and establishes all new employee email addresses and terminates exiting employee email addresses.
• Assist Business Managers and employees with their login information through email or a phone call.
• Log all incoming packages in a log sheet.
• Other duties as assigned.
DO NOT REMOVE
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center.
The Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent telephone communication skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills while directing diverse ethnic backgrounds.
• Strong written skills.
• Ability to work independently in a visible, high pressure environment.
• Maintain professional appearance.
• Dependable and flexible with regard to work schedule.
• Strong work ethic.
• Fluent Spanish is mandatory.
• Catholic in good standing preferred.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Knowledge of Catholic ministries and terminology is helpful.
• Knowledge of e-mail and some Microsoft Office software.
• Trustworthy and able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive matters.
• Overall ability to project a professional and friendly demeanor.
Education and Experience:
• High School graduate or equivalent; certification required.
• At least two years receptionist or other customer service related experience.
• Must be prompt and able to work 5 days a week from 8:30am to 5pm with an hour off for lunch.
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
Name and Title: Erika Hernandez- Talent Acquisition Specialist
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes