Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Director of Youth, Young Adult, and Campus Ministries
Hiring Location: Pastoral Center/Office of Youth, Young Adult and Campus Ministries - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Masters Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
General Summary of the Position
The Director is charged with visioning, articulating, and executing a creative, ministry plan for the fostering of disciples in parishes and Diocesan Catholic Schools. The Director articulates pathways for ministry that are goal-oriented, measurable and authentically relational by a implementing a focused approach toward the primary purpose of effective ministry—an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ for each person.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Under the leadership of the Senior Director of Ministries, this position serves as a leader for the Diocese in youth, young adult, and campus ministry.
• Articulates a vision of ministry grounded in the four principles of pre-evangelization—evangelization—discipleship—mission.
• Fosters an environment for ministry leaders to be empowered with the principles of missional church and guides the installation of ministries that directly benefit the Kingdom outside the congregation.
• Provides youth, young adult, and campus ministry leaders with professional standards for leadership and growth.
• Provides educational, spiritual and ministry formation along with consultation to support the comprehensive model of youth, young adult, and campus ministries in parishes and on campuses.
• Directs the team in the formation of standards, guidelines, policies and other resources pertinent to respective ministries.
• Collaborates with the Ministries Department heads, along with Catholic Schools staff on areas that intersect in providing ministry opportunities.
• Promotes and encourages intercultural and diverse ministry environments.
• Utilizes training, consultation, resourcing services to assist parishes and schools in the development of strong evangelization and discipleship-focused ministries.
• Develops opportunities for community building in collaboration with local youth leaders as well as long range planning at regional, deanery and Diocesan events.
• Promotes a family context and perspective for youth and young adult spiritual development.
• Collaborates with the Office of Worship to provide training, resources and support for youth sacramental and liturgical celebrations.
• Oversees and supports the activities of Pastoral Juvenil Hispana.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Guides the network of youth ministry leaders around the Diocese.
• Facilitate the visioning and planning meetings for all staff and youth ministry leaders.
• Guide the design, development and evaluation of programs, guidelines and procedures.
• Conduct annual reviews of department staff.
• Support and attend local, regional, and national conferences and meetings on youth, young adult and campus ministries.
• Models active membership in national and regional organizations.
• Exercise responsible stewardship of human and material resources.
• Formulate and administer an annual budget, as well as oversees the budget for Pastoral Juvenil Hispana.
• Communicates and collaborates with all other Diocesan entities as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Disciple of Jesus Christ who regularly seeks to enhance his or her relationship with God through the tradition of the Roman Catholic Church
• Strong understanding of ministry and theology
• Strong interpersonal and pastoral skills
• Extensive experience in digital media
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Familiarity and working knowledge of Church documents
• Knowledge of family systems and how it affects healthy formation of young people
• Must possess analytical critical thinking and sound judgement skills
Education and Experience:
• Master’s Degree in Theology or related field
• Minimum of 5 years parish experience in the field of youth and/or young adult ministry
• Prefer proficiency in Spanish
• Must be able to work special work hours/days required
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center.
The Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Name and Title: Lana Kauffman, Human Resources/Recruitment
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes