Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Communications / Marketing Director
Hiring Location: St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church - Parish
Address: 1100 West 15th Street, Plano, TX 75023 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Yes
General Summary of the Position
Manage and oversee all creation and implementation of external communications to represent St. Mark Catholic Church including but not limited to maintaining consistent branding and design for materials in print & digital formats including social media accounts. This position requires routine editing and monitoring across all platforms including the parish website. The individual must have literate and verbal proficiency in English and Spanish.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Manage the content creation in both English and Spanish for parish-wide publications including the Bulletin, Social Media, Website, Newsletter and Digital Displays.
• Collaborate with Parish Clergy, Staff, and Ministry Leaders to create compelling content and effective marketing plans.
• Act as brand manager, responsible for safeguarding how the parish brand and mission are portrayed in all communication including (but not limited to) print, email, social media, web, etc.
• Create and edit media marketing materials for seasonal events (Advent, Easter, Lent).
• Create, edit and publish weekly Sunday bulletin.
• Organize all written and electronic communication to present a clear organized and unified message for St. Mark (Flock notes).
• Design promotional materials for parish – wide publications including banners, posters, flyers etc. Communicate with ministries and departments to ensure all content is being communicated accurately and effectively.
• Manage and update the parish website weekly to ensure timelines and consistency of messages.
• Post a variety of communication (pictures, articles, videos, etc.) on the website
• Manage and update the parish social media accounts (FB, Twitter, Instagram)
• Work closely with church and ministry leaders to effectively develop communication messages for church wide and specific audiences.
• Create and maintain a process for ministry leaders to clearly and effectively communicate a message to the parish.
• Manage communication to the parish via the Narthex video monitor.
• Work with other eternal media outlets such as Texas Catholic, Plano newspaper, ProLife.
• Assist in additional duties per request by the Pastor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess a servant-leadership mindset.
• Must be able to thrive with minimal supervision.
• Ability to manage time and prioritize accordingly.
• Must be a Catholic in good standing.
• Advanced MS Office experience, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel; Apple (iOS) platform experience beneficial.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with proven proficiency in copywriting in English and Spanish.
• Working experience with Photography and Videography.
• Experience in print production.
• Experience maintaining brand guidelines and standards.
• Must possess attention to detail and design, proven through portfolio work.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) required
• Bachelor’s in Marketing, Communication, Graphic Design, or related field, or comparable experience.
• Frequent evenings and weekends.
Name and Title: Michael Zeleski, Business Manager
How to submit resume: Email