Hiring Location: Catholic Charities of Dallas - Catholic Charities
Address: 9461 LBJ Freeway (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
JOB SUMMARY Responsible for apartment set-ups, donations pickups, and assisting with client transportation and orientation. The job requires the employee to adhere to all local, state and federal regulations and policies. Responsible for vehicle upkeep, maintenance and inspections
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (90%)
• Ensures the donation center is stocked and appropriately supplied.
• Follows the schedule for daily in-kind pickups in a timely manner and completes all reports associated with this function.
• Performs weekly vehicle inspections.
• Delivers furniture for apartment set-ups.
• Cleans and maintains the donation room, donation center, and extension.
• Ensures the safe loading and unloading of donated items onto and off the vehicle.
• Assists with client transportation from the airport to their apartment, and to/from appointments.
• Assists with client orientation.
OTHER DUTIES: (10%)
• Schedules donation pickups and truck routes.
• Updates and responds to Voicemail and Email.
• Is knowledgeable of department and agency policies in order to properly inform clients of same.
• Support the Missions, Values, and Vision of Catholic Charities of Dallas.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
• High school diploma or GED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and interpersonal.
• Computer literate and experience with MS Office suite of products
• Adherence to applicable professional and agency Codes of Ethics
• Capable of performing tasks with limited supervision.
• Efficient time management skills.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: (background check, driving record, language, physical)
Background Check: This position requires a criminal background check
Driving Record: Clear driving record, valid TX driver’s license. CDL License preferred but not required.
Health: Annual TB screen and other public health screenings as indicated by program.
Language requirements: N/A
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
• Frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
• Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
• Frequently lift over 50 lbs.
• Occasionally exposed to extreme heat or cold
Name and Title: Brenda Huffman
How to submit resume: Mail, Drop-off at location, Email