Hiring Location: Catholic Conference and Formation Center (CCFC) - Pastoral Center
Address: 901 S Madison Ave, Dallas, TX 75208 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: Mostly weekends
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: Yes
Supervisor will act as the head of Food Service at the CCFC. Head is responsible for the overall smooth operation of the kitchen. Head of Food Services will purchase food and stock it accordingly. Responsibilities will include making sure that everyone is trained on proper food handling, preparation and kitchen safety techniques. Additionally ensures that the CCFC’s standards are upheld; the food looks appetizing and is cooked properly, the proportions are adequate and it is cooked and served quickly. The Head of Food Services is responsible for insuring that all the cooking areas are clean and are maintained in proper order at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Supervise all aspects of the kitchen including scheduling the necessary kitchen staff.
• Maintain sanitation procedures and organization of work areas and make sure the kitchen is a safe and hygienic place to work.
• Oversee all food purchases.
• Maintain food storage, receiving, rotating and stocking of such.
• Financial/Operations: accountable to maximize and effectively manage costs and labor.
• Responsible for compliance with all environmental and health board requirements related to the preparation and service of food and beverage.
• Ability to empower staff to deliver the highest customer service standards.
• Ensure the highest level of qualify product and service.
• Assist with staff training and employee relations.
• Responsible for providing direct and honest feedback to staff regarding individual performance.
• Responsible for insuring that all cooking areas are maintained clean and are properly cared for.
• Provide food prepared in an attractive, palatable, efficient and cost effective manner for all functions for the center.
• Plan menus, apportion ingredients, use food surpluses and store food in a safe and sanitary manner.
• Translate generalized menu into an ingredient list which he/she then orders from our food service provider.
• Supervise the preparation of all meals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess a service oriented attitude thereby actively looking for ways to help our guests and his/her team.
• Resourceful in management of personnel resources, – Motivating, developing and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
• Able to actively and constantly teach others how to work more efficiently.
• Ability to conduct quality control analysis by conducting tests and inspections of products, services and/or processes to evaluate quality and performance.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing where the kitchen is involved.
• Must know how to manage all material resources by obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed in the kitchen.
• Able to propose sufficient costs for food/menu items to adequately accommodate the needs and avoiding wastes and accounting for these expenditures.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required, 2 years of college or culinary institute preferred.
• Experience in food service preparation for large groups.
• Experience in ordering food from food distributors.
• This job requires a person who is bilingual in English and Spanish and has a working knowledge of management of the kitchen.
• Possess safety food knowledge and have at least a Food Handler Certificate. Food Manager Certification a plus.
• This individual must be willing to accept working mostly on weekends and weekdays when necessary.
• Maintenance work as needed or assigned when there are no kitchen responsibilities.
• A Catholic in good standing is preferred.
Name and Title: Bertha Escarzaga, CCFC Director
How to submit resume: Drop-off at location, Email