Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Evangelization & RICA (Spanish) Coordinator
Hiring Location: St. Francis of Assisi, Frisco, Texas - Parish
Address: 8000 Eldorado Parkway, Frisco, TX 75033 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 - 5:00 PM; some weekends /evenings
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
General Summary of the Position
The St. Francis of Assisi Evangelization Coordinator is a creative and passionate devoted Catholic disciple of Jesus Christ who is on fire with his/her faith and capable of sharing the faith with others. The Evangelization Coordinator will work in tandem with the Director of Evangelization and (Spanish) RICA to strategically advance the mission of St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church strategically and assertively (which is Matthew 28:16-19).
The ideal candidate should consider themselves a true disciple of Jesus Christ, eager to share and spread his/her faith whenever, wherever and to whomever. In addition, the ideal candidate is self-motivated, innovative, and able to perform key tasks independently in a timely manner. This person should have a servant leadership mindset, outstanding work ethic and professionalism, be flexible and adaptable and be willing to operate and thrive in a prayer-based culture. In addition, the ideal candidate must enjoy working in a team environment and is excited to join a growing Catholic community with a vibrant and diverse culture and innovative community. This role will require a firm understanding of our church’s vision and values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Responsible for collaborating with the Director of Evangelization and RICA to develop and implement a parish-wide plan to form intentional Catholic disciples of Jesus Christ built on a foundation of prayer.
• Responsible for collaborating with the Director of Evangelization and RICA to support the new strategic goal of the parish to improve the Catholic formation, identity and apologetics of all parishioners. Will be responsible for collaborating with Faith Formation and Youth Ministry to especially focus on teens and young adults as well as individuals who do not participate in the whole Family Faith Formation program (known as “Origin”).
• Collaborate with the staff Ministry Team and, if applicable, the Ministry Committee (volunteers) to ensure the parish ministries are well equipped and are integrating evangelization opportunities within their respective ministries.
• Collaborate with the Communications team to both curate existing, third-party content (i.e., Formed, Word on Fire) and develop original content to improve the Catholic formation and identity of parishioners as well as encourage individuals to accept Jesus’ invitation for a personal relationship.
• Collaborates with the Pastor, Director of Evangelization and RICA, Parish Leadership Team, and others as needed to determine what program, initiative, or process is best suited to “cast a broad net” and encourage non-believers to seek a relationship with Jesus Christ and ultimately a path to becoming Catholic.
• Works in tandem with the Sacrament and RCIA team to ensure continuity between English RCIA and Spanish RICA programs including curriculum and content, appropriate planning for receiving rites and other milestones pertinent to RICA/RCIA. Also coordinates with Sacraments and RCIA to ensure any wedding, convalidation, annulment, or baptism needs for individuals is successfully addressed.
• Works in tandem with the Liturgy team to ensure flawless planning, communication, and execution of all liturgical related needs for RICA and evangelization.
• Collaborates with the Director of Evangelization and RICA and Parish Leadership Team to nurture and support the spiritual development and faith formation of St. Francis of Assisi staff.
• Collaborates with Director of Evangelization and RICA to help plan and implement the best RICA formation process for the parish; includes significant planning, attention to detail, as well as taking an authentic pastoral approach to working with individuals.
• Collaborates with Communication team as well as Director of RCIA and Sacraments to develop tactics to encourage individuals to discern RICA and becoming Catholic.
• Responsible for overseeing the administrative needs (including registration, paperwork/forms, tracking reports, contracts, scheduling, etc.) of the Evangelization and RICA department.
• Manage expenses and budgets as well as manage all vendor (including freelancer) contracts and ensure deliverables are met on time and within budget.
• Responsible for helping to schedule speakers for Parish and/or Lenten missions, lecture series, and other formation and evangelization topics. Also responsible for managing all logistics related to speakers such as stipends, letters of delegation, contracts, travel arrangements, etc.
• Responsible for organizing all meeting rooms/spaces, classes, etc. for retreats, talks, conferences, etc. This includes reserving meeting rooms on Campus through the proper channels (i.e., eSpace, the parish scheduling software), arranging any registration prior to the events/classes/meetings, managing all logistics (room set up, ensure AV/technology is in proper working order, arranging for any food/beverages, and ensuring the room set up and tear down is completed) to
• Other duties as assigned by the Pastor and/or Senior Director of Operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess a servant-leadership mindset.
• Must have a proven track record of success in Catholic evangelization and discipleship; must be comfortable/confident to share the life-saving message of Jesus whenever, wherever, to whomever.
• Must have formal, academic or comparable education, experience and training in the Catholic Faith.
• Must possess a superior understanding and knowledge of the liturgy, core beliefs, traditions, customs and practices of the Catholic faith and be able to convey that understanding in a relatable, simple way.
• Must have a strong experience with Catholic Apologetics
• Must maintain a positive, upbeat, self-starting, solutions-centered, can-do attitude.
• Must be adept at problem solving.
• Must understand the importance of the parishioners and the community served by St. Francis of Assisi.
• Must be able to thrive with minimal supervision.
• Must possess the ability to easily interact and relate with a wide assortment of personality types.
• Must have the ability to listen carefully and take direction well.
• Ability to manage time and prioritize accordingly.
• Must be a Catholic in good standing.
• Must be flexible and willing to work with quick and unexpected deadlines.
• Advanced MS Office experience, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel; Apple (iOS) platform experience beneficial.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with proven proficiency in copywriting.
• Must possess attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s in theological studies, pastoral studies or equivalent, with at least two (2) years’ experience in a formal evangelization environment.
• Fluent in English and Spanish is required.
• Frequent evenings and weekends.
Name and Title: Hiring Manager
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes