Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Position Filled - Applications are no longer being accepted.
Hiring Location: St. Bernard of Clairvaux Catholic Church - Parish
Address: 1404 Old Gate Lane, Dallas, TX, TX 75218 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 9: am - 5 pm
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: Yes
The Parish Business Manager is a leadership role that oversees the general office and financial activities of the parish including accounting, reporting, compliance, budgeting, and personnel.
* Supervise office support staff; conduct staff meetings and provide conflict resolution and team building
* Oversee the management of the parish records
* Direct or provide input into parish stewardship, development, and fundraising initiatives
*Supervise bookkeeper on all payroll, banking, tithing and tax related matters, as well as the overall financial record keeping for the parish
* Facilitate the preparation of the parish budget with input from Pastor and Finance Council
* In collaboration with the pastor, establish and implement personnel policies
*Supervise any major construction, improvement or repair
* Solicit and review bids and quotes and negotiate contracts
SEE ATTACHMENT FOR A COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION
Bachelor’s degree in Business or comparable education and/or experience
* 5 – 10 years of business experience, non-profit experience preferred.
* PC skills, including file management, word processing, spreadsheets, and accounting systems, including Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks
* This position requires a criminal background check and credit check
*English proficiency required. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
* Active in the Roman Catholic faith or willingness to function in a manner consistent with the mission of the Catholic Church
* Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practices
* Skills in fiscal planning and management, general accounting and payroll
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Approved - Yes