Hiring Location: Bishop Dunne Catholic School - Catholic School
Address: 3900 Rugged Drive, Dallas, TX 75224 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:45 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: No
Bishop Dunne Catholic School is seeking a dedicated nurse to work during the 2019-2020 school year. The position will begin as soon as possible.
• Maintain school health program according to the nursing standards of practice and the Diocese of Dallas policies and procedures, and FERPA (Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act).
• Certify/recertify faculty, staff, and coaches in Adult/Child/CPR/AED every two years.
• Maintain all student health records (computerized and paper) according the Diocese of Dallas policy.
• Dispense/store student medications according to state laws, Diocese of Dallas, and school policy.
• Attend to ill students and determine course of action including communication with parents/guardian as needed.
See attached document for additional duties.
The candidate will be a dedicated professional who understands the demands of nursing in a school setting. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of school nurse experience.
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BS or BSN) from an accredited university
• Pediatric experience preferred (Care of Bishop Dunne students and staff)
• Current license to practice nursing in the State of Texas (Registered Nurse)
o CPR/BLS Instructor Certification
o Hearing/Vision Certification through the State of Texas
o Scoliosis Certification through the State of Texas
o Acanthosis Nigricans screening certification from the University of Texas Border Health Office.
Name and Title: Anna Lee Friesen
How to submit resume: Email