Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Patient Advocacy Representative II
Hiring Location: Society of St. Vincent de Paul Pharmacy - Non-Diocesan Organizations
Address: 5750 Pineland Drive, Suite 280, DALLAS, TX 75231 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: up to 24 hours/week
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: Preferred
St. Vincent de Paul Pharmacy in Dallas, Texas, specializes in providing prescription medication, free of charge, to patients who do not have health insurance. Are you looking for a position where you know you are making a difference in people's lives? Look no further! We are seeking a Patient Advocacy Representative who is a pharmacy technician in good standing with the State of Texas to join our mission.
Job Category: Hourly/Nonexempt Part Time
The Patient Advocacy Representative II completes the certification process of patients according to established policies and procedures and ensures that data are accurately filed and/or entered into a computer database. In addition, under direct supervision of the Pharmacist in Charge, the Patient Advocacy Representative II performs pharmacy technician duties including receiving prescriptions, entering them into the pharmacy system, filling prescriptions and communicating with physician offices/clinics as needed for prescription refills and clarifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Completes intake process for potential patients.
• Works with intake volunteers: helps to train them on the intake process.
• Assists SVdP Conference members with referrals to the pharmacy.
• Completes intake data entry and paperwork filing.
• Refers patients to other potential services that may be available to them (both within the Society and other area agencies).
• Responsible for proper communication and documentation of clarification requests and follow up, including documenting progress of enrollment at SVdP Pharmacy.
• Under the direct supervision of the Pharmacist in Charge, receives prescriptions, enters them into the pharmacy computer system, fills prescriptions.
• Responsible for making outbound requests to physician offices/clinics to request prescription refills and/or to request updates on pending prescription clarification requests.
• Receives written prescription clarifications or refill requests and verifies that information is complete and accurate.
• Maintains confidentiality per HIPAA standards.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to juggle multiple priorities.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and oral skills.
• Knowledge of state and federal pharmacy laws and regulations for taking and dispensing prescriptions.
• Knowledge of pharmacy products, services, and operations.
• Verbal and written communication skills to speak, listen, read, and write effectively.
• Adaptable, motivated, and dependable with the ability to provide excellent ethical quality service across all situations.
• Must develop good working knowledge of patient assistance programs and the pharmacy vendors.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Certified Pharmacy Technician in good standing in the State of Texas.
• Pharmacy experience in a community or outpatient setting (min. 1 year) including prescription filling, records and legal compliance, and general pharmacy operations.
• Experience with MS Suite/computer literacy and experience with pharmacy patient management software.
• Able to work with people of diverse backgrounds in a faith-based setting.
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) required.
• Some walking, standing, bending, and carrying light items up to 35 lbs.
• Driving an automobile may be occasionally required.
Name and Title: Carlos Irula, Pharmacist in Charge
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes