Hiring Location: Society of St. Vincent de Paul Pharmacy - Non-Diocesan Organizations
Address: 5750 Pineland Drive, Suite 280, Dallas, TX 75231 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: Schedule TBD
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: Yes
St. Vincent de Paul Pharmacy in Dallas, Texas, specializes in providing prescription medication, free of charge, to patients who do not have health insurance. We know that better health means fewer sick days: so people can keep working and not risk losing their job. We know it means being able to pay rent and afford groceries each month. It means fewer trips to the emergency room and a longer, happier life!
We are seeking a caring, energetic person to join our mission as the Patient Advocacy Leader.
The Patient Advocacy Leader coordinates and leads all daily functions related to pharmacy patient certification. This includes certifying patients according to policies and procedures and ensuring that correct data is accurately entered into a computer database. The Patient Advocacy Leader supervises all staff and volunteers on the Patient Advocacy Team. In addition, this person will ensure that all patient certification processes are completed and fully compliant.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Interpersonal relations and service skills to work with and serve a wide-range of people and patients.
• Delegation and leadership skills to motivate and guide the work of others.
• Planning and organizing skills, including multitasking and time management skills, to handle multiple tasks at once and work in a pharmacy.
• Verbal and written communication skills to speak, listen, read, and write effectively.
• Adaptable, motivated, and dependable to provide ethical quality service across all situations.
• Must develop good working knowledge of patient assistance programs and the pharmacy services.
• B.S. in Social Work with background in medical social work or equivalent experience, preferred.
• Leadership experience (min. 1 year), preferably in a social service setting, to include experience organizing and directing the work of others.
• Experience with MS Suite/computer literacy.
• Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds in a faith-based setting.
• Bilingual (Spanish and English) required.
Name and Title: Carlos Irula, Pharmacist in Charge
How to submit resume: Email