Job Opportunity Details
Events Project Manager - Part Time
Hiring Location: Pastoral Center- Youth, Young Adult and Campus Ministries - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St, Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: Monday-Friday, 20 hours/week
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: No
General Summary of the Position
The Office of Youth, Young Adult and Campus Ministries (OYYACM) provides a few live content opportunities that directly impact the constituents of a given parish’s ministries. All events should echo St. Augustine’s philosophy that in order to convey the gospel, it is necessary to teach, to delight, and to move. To be effective, events should be attractive and well-done, drawing people in and planting in them a desire for more. It is important that all events maintain a high standard of quality, extending to someone the opportunity to enter wholeheartedly into the experience of Christ’s love. One such event that embodies this vision is the Dallas Catholic Youth Conference, which is led, in part, by the DCYC Project Manager.
The DCYC Project Manager assists the DCYC Conference Director (Associate Director, Content Development) as an overall support in the areas of Task Management, Communication, and DCYC Event Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• The DCYC Conference Project Manager will fulfill the expectations of the overarching job description, task management, and reporting structure for each conference year as identified by the DCYC Conference Director, and reflected in the DCYC SOP’s.
• Presence at DCYC proper as a supportive entity in bringing all elements of the conference to fruition.
• Maintain and update the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Timelines, and Expectations as needed after collaborative review.
• In order to provide an environment for a smooth and successful conference, the Project Manager supports the management of the SOP implementation alongside the Conference Director.
• Creatively seeks to provide the foundation for and tracking of the DCYC Master Database while facilitating necessary written and verbal communication to support acquisition and documentation of these corresponding fields of information.
• Facilitates various aspects of DCYC Event Management that pertain to communication efforts, promotional goals, administrative and logistics tasks, and support of DCYC Leadership Team members.
• Serve as an advocate and link for youth, volunteers, and parish leadership to the Office of Youth, Young Adult, and Campus Ministries.
• Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Content Development and/or the OYYACM Director
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Disciple of Jesus Christ who regularly seeks to enhance his or her relationship with God through the tradition of the Roman Catholic Church
• Exhibits a strong entrepreneurial spirit guided by a regular life of prayer
• Understanding of ministry and theology
• Ability to work as a team player in a highly collaborative environment
• Strong interpersonal and pastoral skills
• Extensive experience in digital media
• Competency in Adobe Creative Suite highly preferred
• Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work without direct supervision
• Open to continued professional growth and development
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all matters
• Familiarity and working knowledge of Church documents
• Positive, practical attitude with balanced initiative
Education and Experience:
• Preferred Bachelor Degree in related field
• Minimum of 2 years ministry experience, volunteer or professional, working with youth, young adults, or campus ministry leaders
• Practicing Catholic with thorough knowledge and understanding of Catholic teachings, preferred.
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
• Indicate N/A
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center.
The Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Name and Title: Lana Kauffman, HR/Recruitment
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes