Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Director of Development
Hiring Location: Mary Immaculate Church - Parish
Address: 2800 Valwood Pkwy, Farmers Branch, TX 75234 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am - 5 pm
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
The Development Manager is a flexible, full-time member of the administrative staff of Mary Immaculate Catholic
Church. Responsible for developing and driving fundraising, general program support, event planning and
foundation/diocesan/government grants. This position assists in the development and maintenance of a network
of funding sources to expand the Parish’s base of financial support. This position requires strong analytical,
communication, organizational, and prioritization skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Develop, coordinate, and maintain fundraising plans while creating a Master 3 Year Calendar. Approve all fundraising requests working closely with the Business Manager.
• Planning and implementation of annual Stewardship Campaign along with the Parish Stewardship Committee.
• Research, develop, and implement ways to increase broad-based participation of existing parishioners.
• Support the Capital Campaign process along with the Capital Campaign Committee.
• Support the Bishop’s Appeal (Catholic Ministry Appeal) along with members of the Stewardship Committee.
• Provides assistance with special events, mailings, meetings, day-of activities, and follow-up activities.
• Provides general administrative support, including but not limited to keeping track of deadlines, scheduling meetings, following up with donors or vendors as needed and having general awareness of the needs of the development function.
• Provides weekly content to bulletin editor for parish Bulletin.
• Maintains updated presence on social media such as livestreaming Sunday Masses.
• Maintain updated content for website.
• Publish bi-monthly parish newsletter.
• Insure the accurate and proper recording of all gifts to the Parish along with prompt acknowledgement and expressions of appreciation.
• Generate analytical reports for the Business Manager, Pastoral Administrator and Committees.
• Coordinate regularly with Business Manager on project support as directed.
• Experience in development and/or fundraising is required.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills.
• Able to work with staff and volunteers in a collaborative and motivational style.
• Able to develop and manage a balanced budget.
• Strong organizational and presentation skills.
• Proficient in computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and database management.
• Honor and maintain confidentiality.
• Maintains a positive, upbeat, self-starting, solutions-centered, can-do attitude.
• Must be able to thrive with minimal supervision.
• Ability to manage time and prioritize accordingly.
Name and Title: Marisa Walsdorf, Business Manager
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes