Hiring Location: Prince of Peace Catholic Church - Parish
Address: 1500 West Plano Parkway, Plano, TX 75093 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
Prince of Peace Parish is seeking a Youth Minister. The Youth Minister at Prince of Peace is a dynamic disciple of Christ who is passionate about leading others to a relationship with Him. The Youth Minister works under the direction of the Coordinator of Youth and Young Adult Ministries to implement engaging catechesis, relational ministry and outreach for students in the community.
I. Knowledge and Skills:
- Understand the dynamics of evangelization, conversion, the Catechumenate Model & Ecclesial Method.
- Enthusiastically communicate the Gospel to youth, teen, and adults.
- Experience with small group development.
- Experience with one on one discipleship.
- Needs to be able to identify and develop leaders.
- Have initiative, creativity, excellent organizational skills, an ability to multitask, sensitivity to the needs of the people, & sound judgment regarding safety.
- Needs proficiency with Adobe and Microsoft software and social media savvy.
- Musical ability preferred.
II. Qualifications and Abilities:
- Must be a dynamic, knowledgeable and practicing Catholic in good standing.
- Be able to work well in a team setting.
- This position will require the ability to work flexible hours, including 2-3 evenings/week, weekends and overnight activities.
- Communicate effectively and resolve conflict with youth, parents, volunteers, & co-workers.
- Have good inter-personal skills.
- Needs to be a self-starter.
- Must uphold and adhere to the guidelines and policies of the Diocese of Dallas.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Needs to be an effective communicator.
- Have reliable personal transportation.
III. Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in theology or related field, but open to professional growth.
- Direct ministry experience preferred with strong gifts is giving talks in front of a large crowd of people.
- Have the ability to equip teens to live as disciples of Jesus, including discernment of Vocation.
- Ability to honor and maintain confidentiality.
Name and Title: Coordinator of Youth and Young Adults
How to submit resume: Email