Hiring Location: Bishop Lynch High School - Catholic School
Address: 9750 Ferguson Road, Dallas, TX 75228 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Masters Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: No
Faithful to Catholic Tradition and to our Dominican heritage of scholarship and service, Bishop Lynch High School promotes the development of the total person by bringing together a diverse community in a rigorous, college preparatory environment where students are taught to strive for excellence, seek truth, and work for justice in the world.
The Associate Director of Development and Alumni Relations is a member of the Development and Advancement team. The Associate Director of Development and Alumni Relations is responsible for achieving aggressive fundraising, solicitation, cash, pledge, and visit goals, which are set annually. This position manages a prospect portfolio of at least 50 active rated prospects, with giving capacities from $1,000+ and is responsible for assisting the Director of Development, in the planning and execution of alumni engagement and fundraising events, and associated activities. This position is also primarily responsible in helping to achieve a key strategic goal of increasing alumni participation in the Fund for Bishop Lynch to 15%. In addition, the Associate Director is charged with identifying strategic engagement opportunities for alumni to promote the School and provide meaningful connections between the school and its alumni.
The Associate Director participates in overall Development and Alumni Relations activities in support of the broader objectives of the Vice President of Institutional Advancement.
• The Associate Director will report directly to the Director of Development and reports indirectly to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement.
• The Associate Director has no direct staff supervisory responsibilities, but may coordinate activities and projects with the Advancement Department.
• Conceptualize and execute valued-based programming, services and events that engages a broad base of alumni constituents.
• Cultivate and solicit potential event sponsors and alumni donors, with a focus on increasing alumni annual giving rates.
• Identify, recruit and manage volunteers to help promote alumni engagement.
• Collaborate with the Raiser’s Edge team to collect and improve collection of alumni data to allow for better segmentation for cultivation and stewardship purposes.
• Serve on the leadership team of the Advancement Office helping with departmental strategies and working collaboratively with Development, Annual Giving, and Events colleagues.
• Oversee and manage alumni communications.
• Develop annual events plan including budgets, timeline, policies, procedures, logistics, mailings, marketing and communication, donor recognition, and integration with fundraising goals.
• Negotiate high level contracts with venue representatives and vendors for alumni and fundraising events to maximize cost savings.
• Manage the Alumni Association volunteers and programs by scheduling meetings, maintaining the Board’s budget, maintain records of meeting minutes, and maintaining attendance records and by-laws.
• Collaborate closely with the School’s Communications department to promote alumni office events and programs through all channels, including social media.
• Research, implement and maintain new technologies to improve communication and alumni engagement.
• Perform other related duties as assigned or requested to contribute to the success of the Advancement Office efforts and overall goals of Bishop Lynch. Bishop Lynch reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher with 5+ years of experience in development and alumni relations preferably in a high school and/or college
• Proven track record of successful project management and meeting deadlines, strong customer/client support, and volunteer management.
• Accomplished in closing gifts of $25,000 or more
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Proficiency in current on-line and social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter…..), and e-communications strategies
• Ability to establish rapport and cultivate relationships with new and existing donors
• Maturity, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a deadline-oriented environment
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical and planning skills
• Demonstrated computer competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and social media sites), knowledgeable of alumni and donor database/fundraising systems (Raisers Edge), and experience with content management systems, and mass email software
Qualified candidates should email resume to Resume@BishopLynch.org.
Resumes will expire within 90 days. Submission of a resume is not considered to be an application for employment.
Name and Title: Jennifer Adamcik, Director of Finance & HR
How to submit resume: Email