Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Summer Intern (Sidewalk Counselor)
Hiring Location: The Catholic Pro-Life Community - Non-Diocesan Organizations
Address: 14675 Midway Rd. Suite 121, Addison, TX 75001 (Map)
Job Type: Temporary
Hours: Monday - Saturday 7:00am - 2:00pm
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
The position of Sidewalk Counselor Summer Intern exists primarily to assist with carrying out the mission of the Catholic Pro-Life Community. All employees and volunteers of the CPLC are to exercise faithful stewardship of the time, talent, and resources at their disposal and those of their co-workers in achieving the results that will be most worthy of the prayers, sacrifices, and generosity of our supporters.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Sidewalk Counselor Summer Intern position varies from 10 - 20 hours per week. Sidewalk counselors provide one-on-one counseling intervention and prayer support at the very places where babies die daily. Sidewalk counselors and their prayer partners are truly on the front lines of the battle for life and engage in the most urgent opportunity we have to help a mother and save her child. The person in this position reports to the Director of Convert-to-Life Ministry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Offer practical and compassionate alternatives to clients entering abortion facilities using the Msgr. Philip Reilly method
• Observe the rules/protocols/legalities required in sidewalk counseling
• Assist in maintaining a positive relationship with pregnancy resource centers and pro-life partner agencies.
• Fulfill counseling duties as called for in the weekly site schedule
• Collect and tabulate information from daily street sheets. (Enter names and arrival and departure times of all sidewalk counselors)
• Monitor ministry literature supply at abortion sites and inform Director when restocking is needed
• Assist the Director at sidewalk counseling trainings and quarterly SWC Mass/Processionals Must wear CPLC shirts , when sidewalk counseling
• Follow all budgetary and policy procedures as established by the CPLC
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Acceptance of the magisterial teachings of the Catholic Church with detailed understanding of the teachings on all the life issues
• Ability and desire to support the mission of the Catholic Pro-Life Community
• Active membership in a faith community in good standing with the Church
• Compassionate and patient demeanor
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work cooperatively with team members
• Reliable transportation
• E-mail and Internet access
• Ability to speak Spanish a plus
• Understanding of and compliance with the Diocesan Safe Environment Program.
Name and Title: Patricia Vasquez, Human Resource Director
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes