Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Director of Facilities
Hiring Location: Bishop Lynch High School - Catholic School
Address: 9750 Ferguson Rd, Dallas, TX 75228 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Certification/Accreditation (see Description)
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: No
DIRECTOR of FACILITIES
FLSA Status: Exempt
Faithful to Catholic Tradition and to our Dominican heritage of scholarship and service, Bishop Lynch High School promotes the development of the total person by bringing together a diverse community in a rigorous college preparatory environment where students are taught to strive for excellence, seek truth, and work for justice in the world.
The Director of Facilities is responsible for the implementation of the goals of Catholic education as outlined in The Holy See’s Teaching on Catholic Schools (Archbishop Michael Miller):
• Inspired by a Supernatural Vision
• Founded on a Christian Anthropology
• Animated by Communion and Community
• Imbued with a Catholic Worldview
• Sustained by Gospel Witness
Qualified candidates will be driven and inspired by the mission of Catholic schools to form young men and women in a high school setting “who will be good citizens of the world, loving God and neighbor and enriching society with the leaven of the gospel, and who will also be good citizens of the world to come, thus fulfilling their destiny to become saints” (Miller 20).
• In collaboration with the Director of Logistics, the Director of Facilities is responsible for guiding the operations of the facilities, maintenance and custodial departments of school building(s). The Director is responsible for overseeing the management, maintenance and care of landscape, grounds, and athletic fields within the physical plant.
• The Director of Facilities manages the preventative preservation, proactive repair, and responsive maintenance issues as they occur using trade-based skill sets, including: HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and utilities.
• The Director of Facilities oversees the hiring, training and supervision of the staff, professionals, and management personnel within the facilities department.
• The Director of Facilities manages a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the school and to the safety of its occupants.
• The Director of Facilities oversees matters of on-site construction and repair management.
• The Director of Facilities initiates and maintains a positive working communication with outside maintenance vendors. Responsible for seeking and acquiring competitive bids for contracts from vendors.
• Responsible for City and County building compliance, including: scheduling and maintaining all annual and biannual inspection, permit, and certificates of compliance.
• Directs preventative maintenance proactive & responsive repair maintenance issues using skilled trades, e.g., HVAC, plumbing, electrical.
• Directs custodial operations designed to ensure healthy and attractive facilities conducive to learning.
• Directs grounds, landscape and sports field management and maintenance operations to ensure a safe and attractive environment, while enhancing the safety and durability of athletic fields.
• Oversees maintenance of property infrastructure, including: building, roofing, parking lot, and perimeter fencing.
• May oversee or manage small renovations or constructions projects.
• Manages regulatory preparation, physical plant troubleshooting and project management.
• Oversees equipment and systems replacement or upgrades. Evaluates condition and function of building utility systems to determine needs and priorities for capital funding requests. Ensures building code compliance, proper installation and design practices for systems associated with minor or major maintenance and renovation projects.
• Acts as a liaison between the client and regulatory agencies and/or authorities including building code compliance.
• Provides and applies practical knowledge regarding building maintenance, including: operation of boiler distribution systems, air conditioning and heating systems, building automatic control systems, water distribution, fire protection, sanitary and storm sewer operations, piped medical gases, electrical distribution and central utility plants for heated and chilled water. Works with construction or design teams if needed.
• Manages all tradespersons, managers, supervisors and employees of the Facilities Department. Reviews and evaluates existing programs, services, policies and procedures.
• Develops recommendations for management concerning improvements and implements or guides implementation of new and/or modified programs, services, policies or procedures.
• Communicates with client administrative and supervisory staff as well as external groups, agencies, contractors, architects and engineers to plan, organize, coordinate and/or communicate programs, services, policies and/or procedures.
• Monitors flow and quality of work to assure timely completion of workload and adherence to facility’s standards and regulations.
• Prepares and manages maintenance line item budgets, which may include energy savings program. Prepares and maintains a variety of departmental records and reports.
• Manages and ensures compliance with all local, state and federal regulatory and governing agencies.
• Monitors work performance and preparing and/or reviewing performance evaluations for assigned personnel.
• Establishes a safe work environment for employees by performing safety audits and inspections, conducting safety-related training, and maintaining on-going communications with maintenance employees.
Qualified candidates will be able to perform the following duties at an exemplary level:
• Exemplify the core values of a Bishop Lynch faculty member: Faithful, Caring, Dedicated
• Exemplify a “team player” spirit with a positive and respectful attitude, a strong work ethic, and a supportive, energetic commitment
• Demonstrate exceptional organization skills, oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrate the qualities of compassion, poise, empathy, tact, and diplomacy
• Be flexible, adaptable, and able to discern among competing priorities, separating the essential from the non-essential
• Be open to new learning and growth
• Experience and/or knowledge in working with MaintenanceDirect and PMDirect management software.
• Thorough knowledge of facilities management, maintenance, and construction.
• Thorough knowledge of HVAC, boiler units, utilities and piped gas systems.
• Computer literate with excellent technical, organizational, interpersonal and written/verbal communications.
• Knowledge of all applicable industry specific regulatory standards and governing agencies, e.g., OSHA, EPA, DCBC, NFPA, JCAHO.
• Analytical Thinking
• Interpersonal Relations
• Diversity Awareness
• Customer Focus
• Drive and Dependability
• Stress Tolerance and Flexibility
• Delegating and Directing
• Team Building
• Extreme working environmental conditions are present. Safety hazards frequently exist.
Qualified candidates should email resume to resume@BishopLynch.org.
Name and Title: email@example.com
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes