Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Hiring Location: St. John Nepomucene - Parish
Address: 401 E LAMPASAS ST, ENNIS, TX 75119-4960 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: Saturday/Sunday Masses; weekly rehearsals (days TBD)
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: No
This is a part-time position(s) reporting directly to the Pastor.
Applicants with either keyboard and/or choir director experience are encouraged to apply. This position may be filled by one or multiple people, depending on experience.
This position (s) will be responsible for playing the pipe organ, directing a traditional choir, as well as incorporating contemporary praise/Christian music into some liturgies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Plans/implements all aspects of the music for the traditional Liturgical Services and other parish
• Conducts the weekend Mass Choir
• Plays the weekend Masses
• Conducts rehearsals and liturgy services as designated for assigned choir(s) activities; arranges for
substitute when unable to be present.
• Proficient in playing a traditional pipe organ
• Able to direct a traditional choir
• Also able to incorporate contemporary praise/Christian music into some liturgies
• Proficient in Electronic Keyboard
• Helps in training and implementing cantor program
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge of liturgical services, worship and special functions of the Roman Catholic Church, preferred.
Education and Experience:
Experience in directing and conducting church music helpful.
Practicing Roman Catholic, preferred.
Name and Title: Fr. John Dick, Pastor
How to submit resume: Mail, Drop-off at location, Email
Approved - Yes